Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple shrinks project Titan - still has $250B cash - Tesla purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firing on all cylinders? Have you seen the stock price?

Tesla is hitting on all cylinders right now -- hugely successful Model 3 introduction, industry-leading Autopilot technology, fastest production car in the world, factory cranking out Model S and X smoothly and efficiently, far ahead of the competition in cost-effective battery production and very close to being able to sell Powerpack and Powerwall products at significant volumes and profits.

1) hitting on all cylinders right now... no cylinders actually. But I wouldn't quite go that far... still a few misses in QC
2) hugely successful Model 3 introduction; on paper. Need the rollout and a few months of user validation first.
3) industry-leading Autopilot technology; basically true, but others are nipping at their heels
4) fastest production car in the world; "quickest, not fastest"
5) factory cranking out Model S and X smoothly and efficiently; but with quality control issues still higher than they should be
6) far ahead of the competition in cost-effective battery production; true. might be their biggest advantage

Last edited:
phew :D

It is interesting to think on what would be a good investment for Apple though.
Many mature computer companies head towards enterprise and cloud computing, and more recently IoT
Maybe Apple dont find this attractive?
No, iCloud is about as close as they'll get to the cloud. They are a product company. They really need a new product that people want. How about a watch? Oh wait BTDT.

Plenty of room for innovation in IoT yet and they do have form for overpriced gadgets

I have often considered Apple could get into medical, cars other than as a "if Google are doing autonomous we will too" just seem a bad idea to me for Apple to get involved in.