TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Apple, Tesla Completely Embarrass Microsoft

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dflye, Nov 20, 2012.

1. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

2. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

3. LST

LST Senior Member

Couldn't help laughing though, the article is written with wicked sense of humor, JP comes across mostly grumpy and desperate.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'm a little confused. I'm trying hard to find actual content in the article.

Further, the title implies action on the part of Apple and/or Tesla. I don't see any action on the part of either company in this article.

5. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

It's a personal opinion piece. This guys opinion is that Microsoft ripped off the Apple Store premise and style but Tesla was inspired by and created their own unique style of the Apple store experience.

It's a rather silly article. I'm glad the glad the guy was delighted by the Tesla Store, but even he describes what the stores are about but calls one a failure and calls the other two a success.

It's often mentioned here and elsewhere that Tesla hasn't advertised. But the Tesla Store is Tesla's advertising campaign. If you think of it that way then it's a very effective advertising campaign.

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Agreed, it seems like it was written in a moment of emotional distress. Rocco Pendola - Articles, E-Mail and Biography - TheStreet Like most of his articles.

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

The comments aren't exactly kind to the author for his fluff article.

8. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

I've always been confused why some people conclude Microsoft copied Apple when it comes to having a retail store. I can recall a Microsoft Store occupying the second floor of the Sony Metreon of San Francisco back in the early 2000s. Go figure.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Read Grendal above and skip the article.