Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch App for Tesla - Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems nice. I have been using Remote for Tesla for a year, it is a watch and phone app. Always liked his watch app the best. This one looks really nice too and I like that it’s watch only, and the price is good too. Will have to check it out. Thanks

Giving it a try, will report back...

Initial thoughts are looks good, seems to work well after a bit of a hassle getting it to logon. I'm concerned about if it keeps waking up the car and adding to phantom drain (no evidence at all that it does this, just something I will check on carefully).

Reactions: Highway18
I have been using it for a few weeks now. It does many of the functions of the Tesla App right from the Watch face and does not seem to be waking the car up unless I use the app. It is very convenient to have it as a complication on your watch face, as you can easily access it that way and see the SOC at a glance.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Any update on this? I'm looking for must have iphone/watch apps for added functionality for the MY.

Seems to work well, though you have to give it your Tesla account info as it works via the Tesla API (not Bluetooth direct to car), which may be a concern to those worried about security (as we should all be). This also means, like the Tesla app, you need to wait for it to wake the car up and connect to perform any function. So while its not as fast as a phone (or card key) it is certainly nice to have as a backup, and looks kinda cool when you want to impress someone (once .. lol).

It's also good for me as it means I can lock everything in my car and just keep my watch on me, which is great when at the beach as the watch is water-proof, so no valuables need get left on the beach when I'm swimming or surfing.

I've been using the Watch for Tesla app on my 4th gen Apple Watch for a month or so. Works good and is really convenient when you hands are full (like coming back from the beach or store) and you want to turn on the HVAC. No need to fumble around with your phone.

Been using the Watch for Tesla app for a few weeks now, with 3 cars on the account....app switches easily between the cars, and offers full functionality for controls...keyless driving, lock/unlock, charging controls and the rest are easy. The UI is clean and easy to customize as a complication on the watch. 5 stars.

To set the image of your Tesla as a background, you must enter a URL. Enter for this the following URL in the setting: https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/compositor/. Activate the Add vehicle option codes querystring toggle, and your Tesla with the correct configuration will be used as background image.

Use the watch keyboard icon to coordinate with the phone for entry, much easier. The app will do the work of getting the right image. Pretty easy.
(S85D, MY and M3 here - each with a correct avatar.

Attachments

• 09BDC802-6BED-426E-8FF0-85B3DE13B483.jpeg
    09BDC802-6BED-426E-8FF0-85B3DE13B483.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 191
To set the image of your Tesla as a background, you must enter a URL. Enter for this the following URL in the setting: https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/compositor/. Activate the Add vehicle option codes querystring toggle, and your Tesla with the correct configuration will be used as background image.

Use the watch keyboard icon to coordinate with the phone for entry, much easier. The app will do the work of getting the right image. Pretty easy.
(S85D, MY and M3 here - each with a correct avatar.
I thought mine was the only one missing the wheels. Any way to fix?

I didn’t even notice that....the MY has 20” induction wheels which are black, so I thought the avatar was just the black wheels. My 3 and S wheels show up fine as avatars.
But, no idea how to fix/add real black induction wheels to the avatar . Maybe “wheelless” is the way FSD will work in the future

Attachments

• 1A7D7647-04CE-4995-A832-FA75DEBAD541.jpeg
    1A7D7647-04CE-4995-A832-FA75DEBAD541.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Funny
Reactions: davezforce
I didn’t even notice that....the MY has 20” induction wheels which are black, so I thought the avatar was just the black wheels. My 3 and S wheels show up fine as avatars.
But, no idea how to fix/add real black induction wheels to the avatar . Maybe “wheelless” is the way FSD will work in the future
I have the 22’’ Onyx Turbines. I thought at first they were just too dark as well until I looked after a screen shot and saw I had empty wheel wells lol

Reactions: Genedr