Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch Apps

jrh007

Mar 24, 2019
Florida
I am (hopefully!) taking delivery of my Model 3 AWD this Saturday (yay!) and have been surprised that the Tesla App for the iPhone does not have Apple Watch compatibility. I have a tethered Apple Watch (most recent version, just didn't want another cell line for a watch), but would enjoy the convenience of being able to control vehicle functions with my watch. Other bells and whistles (stats, battery life information, etc. on the watch with more detail on the iPhone) would be great too. Can anyone recommend an app that they have had a positive experience with? Are App Store apps sufficiently secure that you can put your information into them?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or replies.

mrbulk

Sep 5, 2017
Las Vegas NV
In the App Store I think it's called "Remote S" or very similar...ten bucks but worth it.

Although my car is an S, I do have this app and it functions well as long as you have a decent signal. So technically you can indeed go out and drive around and do just about Everything with your car while your phone/fob is still at home.

Have not done it with a 3 though, so YMMV.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Great info. Thanks! Should I be concerned if any of these apps wants my Tesla account information? Is that a security risk?

They all will want your tesla login because they all operate on a "token" for your account. Its up to you to decide if issuing a token for these apps is worth it to you. Depends on how much you trust the particular app creator.

mrbulk

Sep 5, 2017
Las Vegas NV
They all will want your tesla login because they all operate on a "token" for your account. Its up to you to decide if issuing a token for these apps is worth it to you. Depends on how much you trust the particular app creator.
Great point. OP should also look at total volume sold, date app originated and user reviews before buying. I do know that Remote S has been around longer than most and the app author is responsively accessible on another forum, adding whatever suggested updates by users they deem appropriate.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Great point. OP should also look at total volume sold, date app originated and user reviews before buying. I do know that Remote S has been around longer than most and the app author is responsively accessible on another forum, adding whatever suggested updates by users they deem appropriate.

The creator of the stats app is also very active (and responsive) here at TMC.

Chrisamir

Aug 21, 2018
Los Angeles
Have the Stats app and Remote S. Like the complication for the Stats app just a little better, but the Remote S app is just amazing. Far more detail and controls than Stats app. It's fantastic

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I've been using the Stats app with Apple Watch
Not sure what happened, but instead of the complication showing battery percentage, it now shows the expected range.
How do I change it back to battery percentage?
Thanks!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC