Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully Bluetooth paired an Apple Watch Series 3 (LTE) to their Tesla, and made and received phone calls through the Tesla audio system? I’m asking about connectivity of the watch directly to the Tesla, with the iPhone in Airplane mode or completely turned off. There are times where I am driving to a location where I do not want to bring my iPhone, and the Apple Watch with LTE would be nice to have in an emergency. But it would also be nice to hear the phone calls through the Tesla audio system rather than the tiny speaker on the watch while driving.

Now that you've mentioned this I want it!! It would be amazing not to have to carry my phone when doing outdoor/water stuff, and I don't want to leave my phone in the car.
So I tried and I cannot get the car to see the watch. The watch sees the car but will not connect.
I hope that an update will resolve this, as it would be such a great feature.
(This is a watch series 3 LTE)
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.13.04 AM.png

Thanks for testing this. I was really hoping that this would work with the LTE watch I ordered recently.

Does anyone know why it doesn’t work? The watch can be paired to a bluetooth speaker and I believe the speaker can be used for phone calls if the bluetooth speaker has a built in mic (similar to bluetooth headphones with a mic).

Now that you've mentioned this I want it!! It would be amazing not to have to carry my phone when doing outdoor/water stuff, and I don't want to leave my phone in the car.
So I tried and I cannot get the car to see the watch. The watch sees the car but will not connect.
I hope that an update will resolve this, as it would be such a great feature.
(This is a watch series 3 LTE)
View attachment 252272

I tried this as well and was unsuccessful also. The problem seems to be the fact that the car wants the phone (or watch, in this case) to be discoverable so the car can initiate the pairing. From what I’ve seen with other cars as well as Bluetooth speakers and headphones normally the car (or speaker or headphone) would be discoverable and the pairing would be initiated from the phone (or watch). Unfortunately it would appear that the watch doesn’t have a way to make itself discoverable so the car can initiate the pairing request.