Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

applying for a HOV sticker for a used 2020 Y?

smtrader

Sep 10, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I'm thinking of purchasing a used 2020 Y. The owner apparently never apply for an HOV sticker but I commute so this is vital for me. I looked all over the DMV website and can't find a clear answer. Is it possible for a second owner to apply for an HOV sticker?? Thanks all.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
From what I understand, if the car never received an HOV sticker, you should be able to apply to get one.
But I would wait for the 2022 sticker who would start on Jan 1 2022 and expire on Dec 31 2025.
There is a possibility for owners with low income, to re-apply for an HOV sticker when buying a used car which had an HOV sticker.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin

hnguy054

2021 MY SR/2022 MY P
Jan 14, 2021
CA
You should be able to apply for it if the original owner never did. You can always visit the DMV and inquire when you purchase your car

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC