Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Applying for CVRP (Required Documents)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to get my CVRP submitted ASAP to make sure I receive my $2000 before they change the rules on me (income limits). I see the application requirements say I need proof of temporary or permanent registration. After I took delivery of the vehicle, I can no longer see where I can download the DMV registration paperwork. My Glovebox in my account only includes my Order Agreement, Lemon Law, Clean Fuel Reward, eSign Consent and Loan Agreement. Prior to delivery, I was able to see the DMV registration .pdf. Does anybody know where I can get that file back, or what else would they accept as temporary registration? Thanks in advance!

I believe you can use the temporary registration on your windshield
Per the CVRP website:
  1. Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration for the vehicle listed in the application. The applicant’s name must be on the registration, and the registration must be current (not expired). For CVRP Rebate Now applicants, this will be required after vehicle purchase or lease.
My registration sticker just has my VIN and the temporary license plate number. My name isn't on mine, but it looks like they cut up the paper to place it under the sticker. Does yours have your name?

Per the CVRP website:
  1. Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration for the vehicle listed in the application. The applicant’s name must be on the registration, and the registration must be current (not expired). For CVRP Rebate Now applicants, this will be required after vehicle purchase or lease.
My registration sticker just has my VIN and the temporary license plate number. My name isn't on mine, but it looks like they cut up the paper to place it under the sticker. Does yours have your name?
This should have also been available on-line during the purchase process (attached to the application for registration of new vehicle) in your order status page. I think it disappears after delivery.

1643817556047.png

This should have also been available on-line during the purchase process (attached to the application for registration of new vehicle) in your order status page. I think it disappears after delivery.

View attachment 763886
Yes that's what I saw and what I need. I already took delivery and now I cannot access this. Does anybody know how to obtain this again? I've texted the SA number and got no response.

After no response from the SA text thread, I decided to give them a call. Person on the phone was nice and tried to look for the documents but couldn't find it. He suggested to wait for my real plates to come in, but I said I wanted to submit before the February CVRP rule changes. He seemed to understand and said he would put a note in my account and contact my delivery center. About an hour later, I get an e-mail from my delivery center with the .pdf attached! Very good customer service for this issue! :)

Reactions: OCJeff
Regarding the CVRP, do I need to take delivery by 2/24 to qualify for the CVRP? If I placed my order today (M3 LR), I wouldn't qualify for the CVRP credit since I realistically won't take delivery until April/May, correct? Or do they mean it as I need to place an order before 2/24?

I uploaded using the temporary registration on the dash. After some time I received an email requesting the actual registration and they gave me instructions to follow. After doing that i month later i got another email saying i was approved and should get the check soon. I’m expecting it sometime in the next week or two

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay