Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Applying for Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Tried searching but couldn't find anything. My EDD date has been changing since putting in my deposit but has finally remained consistent between 3/3/22 - 3/31/22. Due to personal reasons, I will be out of town from about 2/20 until the end of March. If the EDD does not change, how long can I put the car on hold? Or do I just apply for the loan (credit union) now? I don't want to apply now and my date gets changed again.

Tesla will not hold a car for you. If you havent put a car on hold previously they will put your ORDER on hold, but will not hold a car for longer than 3 days. You dont want to apply for a loan until you have a vin assigned, in my opinion.

Reactions: Adam K
Tesla will not hold a car for you. If you havent put a car on hold previously they will put your ORDER on hold, but will not hold a car for longer than 3 days. You dont want to apply for a loan until you have a vin assigned, in my opinion.
Thanks. For those experienced with Tesla, on average, how many days/weeks prior to delivery are VIN’s assigned?

I would encourage you to ask that question in one of the model 3 waiting room threads (the one for the model 3 you are buying. They are all active, but it does break down to the SR and LR waiting rooms being a bit more active, likely because more people have that version on order.

Thanks. For those experienced with Tesla, on average, how many days/weeks prior to delivery are VIN’s assigned?
My VIN was assigned 2 days before I was able to schedule within the 3 day delivery window. (Received VIN on Sunday 1/30 and then was allowed to schedule delivery on 2/1, 2/2 or 2/3). This is in the Bay Area though so I'm not sure if that was due to the short travel time of the car from Fremont.