Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Applying for SGIP (SoCal Edison)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for this. I am not low income. But I appreciate the offer.

I don't want to give my exact location, but I will say that my city is in all three zones and my neighborhood happens to be in tier 1. So it looks like I will not qualify anyway

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like you would only qualify for the small residential storage SGIP.

I think it's currently no-cost to you to try and at least get wait-listed so if/when California's legislative process approves some more money for SGIP, you'll at least be in queue for the rebate. I agree Sunrun's not going to help you, but you can always try to help yourself if you have time.

Go to that link, and fill out the PDF form. Email it to [email protected] with an explanation that you are applying to submit your own SGIP under your own developer key. There's a chance they grant it to you.

If you have your own developer key, you can complete your own application. The form is daunting because it was clearly written in such a way as to prevent a regular consumer from ever figuring it out. But it's possible assuming you have your own developer key. Tesla Powerwalls basically have a standard input/calculation at this point due to their popularity.

Will 2 people I know were told recently there was no money left, I do hope they will continue to fund this incentive.

I was dialed into the recent SGIP webinar (I know, I'm the dumbest consumer ever to actually hop on board the ESS-pain-train). If I didn't get this involved in my project, it would have been sooooooooo jacked up. I'm jealous of all you mf'ers who got your systems installed and rebate incentives without much involvement.

Anyway, they made it clear the SCE and SGE territories still had Resiliency funds and to keep those applications coming (assuming well water and that tier-2/3 thing). Unfortunately for PG&E customers it's just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was dialed into the recent SGIP webinar (I know, I'm the dumbest consumer ever to actually hop on board the ESS-pain-train). If I didn't get this involved in my project, it would have been sooooooooo jacked up. I'm jealous of all you mf'ers who got your systems installed and rebate incentives without much involvement.

Anyway, they made it clear the SCE and SGE territories still had Resiliency funds and to keep those applications coming (assuming well water and that tier-2/3 thing). Unfortunately for PG&E customers it's just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I spent 2 years researching this, I’m somewhat OCD but all the time paid off and now no showering in the pool.