Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That call made me a bit hesitant tant about the remainder of the year in terms of stock price. But then again I’m an Uber bull of epic proportions…

I think the 4680s cathode issue and cybertruck delay will be a FUD story with legs for the coming year. Because that cathode issue sounds hard… no pun intended. Also the cybertruck probably won’t roll out until late 2022 or early 2023 because it sounds like Tesla is going full throttle on model y. Which is very smart. I hope that Tesla does make their own chips in Austin. If Samsung doesn’t choose Austin for expansion anyway.

Looks like Max Pain is back in play for this week.

Truly amazing earnings, however nothing has changed short term. No positive reaction AH, Pre-market or regular hours. Still low volume. Wall Street concentrating on the "uncertainties" from the report such as the supply chain issues.

Any increase in share price over the coming days or weeks is likely to be muted given the continued weak volume.

We have also achieved a number of the catalysts that many have been anticipating would cause the next leg up. FSD V9, FSD subscription, Plaid, and a profitable quarter without requiring the reg credits. Each one seemingly dismissed by the market.

Let's hope for some steadily increasing Max Pain's over the coming weeks/months that the Market Maker's dial in every friday.

Congratulations to those who played it close to the 700 call well. A nice one day return.

Bought two June 2023 $900 LEAPs late this AM to add to two held at 60% higher purchase price, and feel like a wimp after what I’ve read in this and the main thread this morning. Considering buying back 0730C710, but paying 50 cents for what will surely expire is holding me back. Hmmmm.

Bought two June 2023 $900 LEAPs late this AM to add to two held at 60% higher purchase price, and feel like a wimp after what I’ve read in this and the main thread this morning. Considering buying back 0730C710, but paying 50 cents for what will surely expire is holding me back. Hmmmm.

Just curious as to your strategy for the LEAPs. Why did you choose the $900 strike? Are you hoping to turn these into shares? At what point are you planning to sell? Thanks in advance.

I closed all my calls and some of my BPS for around 20k for the week. I then sold 2x June 23 1000ccp and with the procedes I bought 100 shares and a June 23 550 call because I am feeling bullish. I don't know if my strategy makes sense but the wife didn't wanted me to buy straight shares lol.
Only problem with that is that it ties-up $200k for a couple of years (unless the SP rips and you can close early)

Reactions: juanmedina
Just curious as to your strategy for the LEAPs. Why did you choose the $900 strike? Are you hoping to turn these into shares? At what point are you planning to sell? Thanks in advance.
Plan is to sell as SP rises towards $900, as a leveraged play on SP gains, but once they’re well ITM I’ll do the math on the different scenarios. I also have some $500 calls in 2022, and still learning the relative merits of buying ITM vs. OTM. Primary strategy is HODL long shares and selling covered calls with aggressive strikes against them for income.

• Helpful
Reactions: cbh03
I closed all my calls and some of my BPS for around 20k for the week. I then sold 2x June 23 1000ccp and with the procedes I bought 100 shares and a June 23 550 call because I am feeling bullish. I don't know if my strategy makes sense but the wife didn't wanted me to buy straight shares lol.
So for $200k margin (cash) you received back $90kish and bought 100 shares and a DITM call for the same exp date?
I really need to think through this move and do some modeling. I like it!

Reactions: juanmedina
So for $200k margin (cash) you received back $90kish and bought 100 shares and a DITM call for the same exp date?
I really need to think through this move and do some modeling. I like it!
Screenshot_20210727_204737.png

Interesting indeed.
200k bet, Theta-positive, 2.88 leaverage.
Buying shares directly with 200k: ~320 shares. So bit less leverage than direct shares, but bigger payout at around 1k ..

Reactions: UltradoomY
I have some $500 calls for Sep 2022 and was looking at $900 calls for June 2023, which is the reason for my earlier questions. Hopefully, great minds think alike!
There isn’t much to learn from me about buying calls, still very much a newbie. Basically, I thought and think $900 is a pretty safe bet for June 2023 and figure calls will return more than shares at lower cost. Anything to add?

There isn’t much to learn from me about buying calls, still very much a newbie. Basically, I thought and think $900 is a pretty safe bet for June 2023 and figure calls will return more than shares at lower cost. Anything to add?
Nothing of value. I am a newbie to call buying as well. Like you, I am trying to add delta for lower cost.

Reactions: CHGolferJim
Gang, I have a non-$TSLA options question...

A friend bought $BABA jun22 c400 , c290 and jan23 c400 a while back, and now with the CN surge on stocks they're 90% down

Any suggestions on how to treat this? Roll out and up, same as covered calls?

And yes, been trying to get him onto $TSLA for some time now...

Write off the loss? With the US political environment and China's position on their companies in the capital markets, isn't it all just straight gambling at this point?

What most of us have been doing (options premium harvesting of a company that isn't under threat of bankruptcy nor government intervention) is pretty conservative relatively speaking.