TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Applying referral codes after reservation

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Peacher, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Peacher

Peacher Member

So I reserved my model S at the weekend in store, I told the guy I had a referral code and he said it was fine, it could be applied afterwards.

I've looked on mytesla and can see all my order details, but not a place to enter a referral code. I've email the code over the sales guy but not heard anything back.

Anyone else had this?

Also so how does it work with the contract hire companies? All the ones I speak to don't quite now how to process it?

2. chetalien

chetalien Member

Yes I had the same issue- judging by you location- i assume u booked at Birmingham store. I had several emails and finally it was done but I refused to confirm the order and threatened I will cancel and re-order online with the code, within 48hrs sorted and myself and also the referrer were credited. Make sure you get confirmation emails before confirming.

3. linuxkidd

linuxkidd Member

Las Vegas (right now, but RV travel full time)
    I ordered online, but forgot to do so via the referral link. My local sales staff submitted a ticket with Tesla HQ. Shortly after my order confirmed, it showed up on the 'View Design' sheet.

4. Peacher

Peacher Member

ive had the same emails back and forth, but still no confirmation, I've just sent a final email to say I need it confirmed by lunchtime today or else I'll have to cancel and re-order. (My deadline date is tomorrow!)

5. chetalien

chetalien Member

Exactly what i did and sent the email saying I'm going to cancel order and reorder. Apparently its a lot of hassle for them if the order is cancelled and reordered so immediately got a call from the dealer and sorted by end of the day.
    Good luck

6. Shooter

Shooter Member

The idea of the referral code was to use the link to order rather than going into the stores. Sort of defeats the plan of Tesla saving the approx. £2k cost of each sale through the stores being given as a benefit to the referrer and the purchaser.

Interesting that they are giving the credit retrospectively.

7. Peacher

Peacher Member

Well the discount code didn't get applied... So I cancelled.

Unfortunately for them, on the same day an investment opportunity came up in my business which I had to go for and that as my tesla budget! so at the moment I've Not re-orderd!

bit gutted at the moment, but know it's the right thing and hopefully it'll only be a few months before I recoupe and get it back on order again... Might even be able to get the P85D then ;)

8. chetalien

chetalien Member

Sorry to hear that. unfortunately the referral code only available until end of this month. Hopefully u can get your hands on the P85D. goo dluck