Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Approach/Departure Angle of MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering getting a MY and am trying to figure out if it will be able to handle my driveway slope.

Current MY owners- can someone measure/calculate the approach and departure angles of their MY LR? All I've been able to find on the internet is general ground clearance measurements.

Here's a link to help with the calculation: Approach (departure) angle

8" high with 25" to the tire in front = 18.7 degree approach
10.5" high with 36" to the tire in back = 17 degree departure
Approximate because the low point is in the center and the tire tangent point is at the side, measured with a tape measure.

Thank you! I wasn't expecting the approach angle to be larger than the departure angle.

Looking at the side view of the MY, the front wheels are closer to the front of the car vs the rear wheels to rear of car, so that makes sense.

Time to remeasure my driveway :)

Considering getting a MY and am trying to figure out if it will be able to handle my driveway slope.

Current MY owners- can someone measure/calculate the approach and departure angles of their MY LR? All I've been able to find on the internet is general ground clearance measurements.

Here's a link to help with the calculation: Approach (departure) angle
OP, did you ever get a MY? I noticed you're in Portland. I install MPP Lift Kits.

Let me know if you need help.
Danny