Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Approaching red traffic lights without FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few times now (today included), I've approached a red traffic light and had the car make the same noise as it does for the parking sensors. I'm wondering if it's detecting the light and where the line is and warning me that I'd go through it at my current speed?

I don't have FSD so obviously I don't expect it will slow down by itself. Would just be nice to know if it's actually detecting that or if just the proximity sensors spotting something else like a nearby bollard as I'm slowing down.

A few times now (today included), I've approached a red traffic light and had the car make the same noise as it does for the parking sensors. I'm wondering if it's detecting the light and where the line is and warning me that I'd go through it at my current speed?

What you are describing sounds similar to the pending 2020.36.x functionality currently for the countries that implement stopping for stop lines/traffic lights, ie not yet in the UK.

Tesla 2020.36.x release note said:
Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning

Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign or stop light while Autosteer is in use. This is not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car.