Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apps and battery drainage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy question. I have only owned MY for a little over a month. I went crazy checking out all these applications/websites to see what the car was doing with drives/charges etc.

I currently lose 4-5% percent a night if just sitting in garage. Is there any app site that can show me what is polling MY? I have removed a lot of the apps after finding most give the same info. and nothing special as they claim for the most part. I can only figure its polling and just constantly keeping car from sleeping?

What else can cause that kind of drain.. to me seems 4-5% drain is way too much. leave it in garage for Friday to Monday and lose 15-20% doesn't seem right.

Is the car sleeping, or is it always online? I have Teslamate and Tezlab activated now, and they do still allow the car to sleep. If you have Sentry Mode enabled, that will prevent the car from sleeping.

I have disabled Sentry mode.
Says it's going to sleep...TeslaScope. Which I turned it so it doesn't bother it at night.

I guess 4-5% a night though? lol Thats truly my question... That's a ton..

Change your Tesla password. That will disconnect all the apps. I've found some of the apps saying "going to sleep" is more like "allowing to sleep". It doesn't mean the car will actually sleep.

Also, if you have FSD, be sure to turn off Summon Standby Mode.