Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apps for Model X - beta

What app would you like to see first on your Model X?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are bunch of tesla fans and have decided to create some free apps that will help improve the tesla experience.

We are creating a suite of apps that enable you to use your tesla dashboard to check emails, sms, turn on your home alarm etc. It is IoT with email connectivity. Check your work email or personal email and reply using voice/speech.

We are looking for early beta users. Please help us make this work. Connect with us at www.connecttesla.com

Also it would be great if you could vote below on what you would like to see first - Connect Tesla

The Tesla interface would do none of those features remotely as good as your smart phone or tablet. Figure out how to mirror your smart phone or tablet screen to the center screen and then you'd create some buzz.

The only app I would even remotely be interested in would be a fully functional WAZE navigation app. Not some half baked web based emulation. The real thing. Make that happen and I'll pay big money,

Jason

The Tesla interface would do none of those features remotely as good as your smart phone or tablet. Figure out how to mirror your smart phone or tablet screen to the center screen and then you'd create some buzz.

The only app I would even remotely be interested in would be a fully functional WAZE navigation app. Not some half baked web based emulation. The real thing. Make that happen and I'll pay big money,

Jason
Thanks for feedback. The mirroring and waze is on roadmap. But we can only do so much with REST API of Tesla. Tesla has not released any SDK which means anything we create will be using the browser control.
BTW, we want to keep this free. No cost solution.

Audible. I like to listen to books on long drives. Right now I have to do it through my phone on Bluetooth.
And Waze. It seems silly that I have to use Waze on my phone while I have this giant touchscreen just sitting there.

A lot of us have the browser open for half the screen with this:
Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

It shows all the WAZE data points. including cops, red light camera's etc. I have it open every time i drive. For reporting, you do have to do it through the app.

Reactions: bollar and Toreador
An integrated Yelp-like service would be helpful, live driving coach (how to maximize range without taking the fun out of driving) could be fun. Honestly, everything else would be so much easier to whip out my phone or iPad -- oh wait, I am still driving.

We are bunch of tesla fans and have decided to create some free apps that will help improve the tesla experience.

We are creating a suite of apps that enable you to use your tesla dashboard to check emails, sms, turn on your home alarm etc. It is IoT with email connectivity. Check your work email or personal email and reply using voice/speech.

We are looking for early beta users. Please help us make this work. Connect with us at www.connecttesla.com

Also it would be great if you could vote below on what you would like to see first - Connect Tesla