Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App's "Last seen X days ago" stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app isn't updating my location or charge. The spinner beside "last seen" just keeps spinning. I've deleted and reinstalled the app twice, restarted my iphone, rebooted the Model 3 (pressing the two steering wheel buttons). Every now and then it will catch on to where it is, but it will go multiple days/trips in between. It's a new car. I've only had it two weeks. Has anyone else had this problem?

Reactions: shannonc13
You Guys are not Dreaming. You may not remember the firmware Christmas Present we Got 12/24/2019. It knocked most of my car from working properly. No Cruise control , Screen going blank while driving, no auto pilot . No Regen braking. No auto head light dimming. It took Tesla 90 days to provide updated firmware. The fix was good until recently . I had some issues with the car not holding the setting , EI . it would go chill to standard , A/C vents would change position. could not get the Cell phone to communicate with the car auto system . Screen would go Blank while at a Super Charger. I was on a very long Road trip and while at a Super Charger The screen goes blank Again! I called for help and was told they would send some firmware up date. It went from bad to worst. I could no-longer find the Super Charger Map or close by super Charger locations. Lesson learned here . Never do a Firmware update on Vacation or a road trip. Issues not resolved as of yet . _PTE_

Reactions: Taxvictim
My new Model 3 has been giving me the “last seen 2 days ago” thing for a few days. I rebooted the car’s computer and restarted my iPhone. It gives me that status message while I’m sitting in the car. It has shown “disconnected” from security for days. Suddenly showed connected, then disconnected, then connected again just now. Our WiFi is screaming fast here in the house and in the garage. I’ve had this car for about 3 weeks and really like it a lot, but buggy software on a buggy that is driven by software isn’t very reassuring. Here’s hoping they can fix it.

Reactions: Kelela
I've been an owner less than a day. Can we control when the firmware chooses to update?

If you mean " When my car notifies me it has an update ready for me, can I delay installing it?" the answer is "yes, once your car notifies you an update is available for your car, you can delay installing it if you want".

If you mean " can i get new software updates when I want to? I have a new car and I dont see the newest update", the answer is "no, your car will notify you when an update is available for it, and nothing you read online about what versions are available etc will accelerate when YOUR car has a specific update available".

So, for those with the 'Last seen' never ending spinner issue, what firmware version are you on? Has anyone found any solution, other than wait for a firmware update and hope? My Model S was delivered 3 weeks ago, and I am still on 2021.11.102. I have a long trip coming up and am worried about taking the car without resolving this issue first.

Hello, a newbie for the club. I have owned 2021 Model3 for 3 weeks now and I've seen 540 error quite frequently. I learned that restarting the car's computer fixes the issue, but the error comes back a little too often and I scheduled a service after another tech support call verified that my car was connected but not all information was being transmitted. So it is possible that it's some kind of defect and I will post the result after the service visit on Wednesday. (I'm on the latest software as of 9/27/21, in queue for FSD beta)

Thanks.

Hello, a newbie for the club. I have owned 2021 Model3 for 3 weeks now and I've seen 540 error quite frequently. I learned that restarting the car's computer fixes the issue, but the error comes back a little too often and I scheduled a service after another tech support call verified that my car was connected but not all information was being transmitted. So it is possible that it's some kind of defect and I will post the result after the service visit on Wednesday. (I'm on the latest software as of 9/27/21, in queue for FSD beta)

Thanks.
A quick follow up - I got the message from the service team that they have determined that my case requires me to bring the car to their service center, instead of the mobile team visiting me to troubleshoot as originally planned. Apparently Telsa's service must be busy because I'm schedule for almost end of October. In the mean time I restarted the dash computer and connection error is gone, but I'm counting on it to come back eventually.

My car is in a shop getting paint protection film applied. The app showed the car as disconnected for 20 hours. I asked the app my car's location, and it reconnected and showed the shop where the car was. It was reconnected, then it disconnected again.

'Last Seen X etc' seemed to start at App update, I have firmware version 2021.32.21

some functions seem to work.

I haven reset Model 3, deleted, phone, app and re-installed all - seem to work fine for a while - not sure what triggers the error.

seems fine again at the moment

I had the “last seen x days ago” problem happen yesterday. I did a soft reboot and my profile deleted and I lost all my settings along with it. Now, it isn’t recognizing my fobs or phone and says the key “type” is unknown. This means I can’t use the “walk away to lock” feature anymore. This is my first Tesla and I picked it up 3 days ago. It’s a brand new Model S Plaid. Really frustrating

Reactions: Taxvictim
I had the “last seen x days ago” problem happen yesterday. I did a soft reboot and my profile deleted and I lost all my settings along with it. Now, it isn’t recognizing my fobs or phone and says the key “type” is unknown. This means I can’t use the “walk away to lock” feature anymore. This is my first Tesla and I picked it up 3 days ago. It’s a brand new Model S Plaid. Really frustrating
That happened to me several times in my first few days of ownership. I had to re-pair my cell phone 3 times, for example But then everything settled down and started working normally, except my dashcam. Now on day 17 of ownership and 700 miles of driving.