Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apps shows my car is 1/2 mile away!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For several weeks now, my Tesla app on iPhone has indicated that my car is at an address about 1/2 mile away from my residence. I live on a street, which is listed on Google Maps, and there are several streets between my house and the fictitious "location" of my car. So, why is it arbitrarily placing (and holding) me there?

I have had a software upgrades to both my iPhone (Ver. 13) and my Tesla (Ver. 2019.32.2.2 da 05838) since this problem started and nothing has improved in that department! I have rebooted the car, the iPhone, even uninstalled/reinstalled the app on the iPhone. Nothing changes. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thank you. Your point is well-taken about the garage, but the map on my car's screen is clearly showing I'm right inside my garage. The car knows it's at home, it's just not telling the app!
What does it do when you park OUTSIDE of your garage? Try parking in your driveway for about 10-15 minutes, then opening the app and see where it puts you.