Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.
The delivery dates are unreliable . I'm sure that the delivery date must have been moved to something like June 19 - June 30 now ?. I think its roughly 4 after the VIN is assigned. If you dont have a VIN by 11th of May, you should be really lucky to get the car by June 11th. June 30th - could be a possibility - best of luck

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I'm a complete newbie to this and could do with thought/advice about whether this is reasonable. I ordered Model 3 long range in black on 15th jan with March delivery. This moved to April, May and now the app just tells me to "Manage your order in your Tesla account" - not even bothering to display a delivery date. Is this right? I called Tesla a month ago and they told me about Shanghai ... it sounds like you guys are still getting delivery dates...nothing here.

We even got Tesla to give us a trade in price which wasn't bad but we can't accept it until we have a reasonable idea when the car is going to arrive as my wife needs her car!!

Do I just need to be more patient?
Cheers for any help.
Crom

Upvote 0
The delivery dates are unreliable . I'm sure that the delivery date must have been moved to something like June 19 - June 30 now ?. I think its roughly 4 after the VIN is assigned. If you dont have a VIN by 11th of May, you should be really lucky to get the car by June 11th. June 30th - could be a possibility - best of luck
You'll be behind those that ordered previously to you and so it could be that you're in the Q3 range instead of the ones arriving in June

Either way you get a VIN assigned if your car is in the ship
Hi, quick query. Have you received your VIN...just going by the 4 week timescale you mentioned above. TIA

Upvote 0
I've just seen this on twitter. If it's accurate, then we could be waiting a long time for our cars (model Y)

Attachments

• 20220517_224339.png
    20220517_224339.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
Ordered MYLR, Midnight Silver, 20" Induction, White Interior on the 13th March through Lex Autolease, was told 'May' for delivery but nobody can give me any more info from that!

Im away on the 1st of June so could really do with having my car by then as the temp car I have is tiny 😂

So frustrated, tesla have told me that my car will appear on my app 24 hours after delivery.....so does not help me in any way, shape or form!:mad:
I’m in the same position, ive got my log in for the app but it shows me nothing. Ive called Tesla 5 times this month to check delivery and they say the system says may but they are not having a delivery for May due to the Shanghai lock down but are expecting a delivery mid June for everyone who was may (they say I should be on there) and for a lot of the June delivery’s as well. They said we should get an update end of may/ start of June. Fingers crossed. They did say mine would be quicker due to having the bigger 20” wheels. Must not be as popular so more ready to take i suppose

Upvote 0
I ordered mine March 12th, white, black/black. Sold my car in April to get ready for the My. Edd stayed the same for 6 weeks, then changed to June 11th to June 30th. Now its August 8th to September 15th, which in my view is more realistic. I'm resigned to that time frame, hopefully some UK ships will start leaving soon, which would be a bonus.

Reactions: scriptedpixels
Upvote 0
I’m in the same position, ive got my log in for the app but it shows me nothing. Ive called Tesla 5 times this month to check delivery and they say the system says may but they are not having a delivery for May due to the Shanghai lock down but are expecting a delivery mid June for everyone who was may (they say I should be on there) and for a lot of the June delivery’s as well. They said we should get an update end of may/ start of June. Fingers crossed. They did say mine would be quicker due to having the bigger 20” wheels. Must not be as popular so more ready to take i suppose
Hi, can I ask when you ordered yours?

Upvote 0