Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.
You must be extremely lucky to get it by 30th June as most of the cars to be delivered by that time should have a matched VIN . I have ordered MYLR ( minimum spec ) early April and my current EDD is between Sept and November. I don’t think mine is coming before December ( end of Q4) , may be Q1 next year

Upvote 0
Same here, just called and its going to be August now.
I’ve just called and managed to speak to a manager. He said if we don’t get our texts by the 10th of June then we won’t be on the June delivery. He said they don’t do delivers in July so it would be august/ September. Absolute joke. So fingers crossed we get our texts this week or wave bye bye to your car this side of summer 😒

Upvote 0
I’ve just called and managed to speak to a manager. He said if we don’t get our texts by the 10th of June then we won’t be on the June delivery. He said they don’t do delivers in July so it would be august/ September. Absolute joke. So fingers crossed we get our texts this week or wave bye bye to your car this side of summer 😒
Ah that’s ridiculous! Well thank you for updating us. We have no choice but to wait 😩

Upvote 0
Thats simply ridiculous. Why do then Tesla update a batch of deliveries in July if they don't do it anyways! I was watching it from March until I ordered in April the delivery was mentioned as July.
Simply one-sided!

Reactions: WelshDriver
Upvote 0
Similar story here, ordered on 3rd April expecting July delivery, quickly showed "June" in the app but has subsequently been pushed back to Sept 5th - Oct 20th
I'm guessing that the temporary June date was an error as they reworked their expected dates.
I’m in the same boat as my order was 14th April. Ordered through my company so I don’t see the EDD. However the Tesla advisor in the local “showroom” keeps saying it should be before that date. It’s all so confusing

Upvote 0
I ordered on March 13th (MYLR, MSM, 19", standard AP) and my window has been set to August 29th - October 13th, from mid to end-June.

From speaking with Tesla this morning, it sounds like the delivery windows have been pushed back due to the 'algorithm' seeing the lower output due to the factory closures. As output goes back to normal, we should apparently see the windows move closer over the next few weeks. Apparently I could see mine delivered July/August all being well... 🤔

Reactions: WelshDriver
Upvote 0
I ordered on March 13th (MYLR, MSM, 19", standard AP) and my window has been set to August 29th - October 13th, from mid to end-June.

From speaking with Tesla this morning, it sounds like the delivery windows have been pushed back due to the 'algorithm' seeing the lower output due to the factory closures. As output goes back to normal, we should apparently see the windows move closer over the next few weeks. Apparently I could see mine delivered July/August all being well... 🤔
I didnt hear any news about planned ship movments for July (shoudnt have started by now ?). We may have to wait until Sept (Q3) - worst case

Upvote 0
I didnt hear any news about planned ship movments for July (shoudnt have started by now ?). We may have to wait until Sept (Q3) - worst case
Yeah I haven't heard anything either - but the guy on the phone did reckon it'll be sooner and we'd see the windows change soon. I'll be optimistic and take his word for it... 😅 I'd also hope given the shutdowns & backlog they'd be aiming to deliver sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0

That actually makes some sense!

Upvote 0
I placed an order yesterday online - Model Y performance Black with white interior with FSD and all it said was ‘Late 22’.

Since doing the deposit and opening a tesla account when i log on it shows a reservation number and just says ‘As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details’

Am i missing something or is it just a case now of sit and wait to here from them or do i need to do something else 🤷🏻‍♂️ Complete newbie at this.

Upvote 0
I placed an order yesterday online - Model Y performance Black with white interior with FSD and all it said was ‘Late 22’.

Since doing the deposit and opening a tesla account when i log on it shows a reservation number and just says ‘As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details’

Am i missing something or is it just a case now of sit and wait to here from them or do i need to do something else 🤷🏻‍♂️ Complete newbie at this.
Shortly, you will see a (provisional) month appear there. As time moves on you will see this month change into a window. It excites you each time it changes. But don't be fooled, they don't mean anything. It's the best way of getting dissapointed less lol

Upvote 0
Shortly, you will see a (provisional) month appear there. As time moves on you will see this month change into a window. It excites you each time it changes. But don't be fooled, they don't mean anything. It's the best way of getting dissapointed less lol
Ok great thank you. For all their good they really don’t explain the process very well. It felt like what have i not done right…

Well i shall sit and wait then now and see what happens. Constantly refreshing the app 😂

Upvote 0
After the excitement of subbing an order the confusion over the delivery date is frustrating but I'm trying to be relaxed about it, telling myself that it'll arrive when it arrives. Knowing that I am not alone is comforting; we're all in the same boat / shipping container.
On the other hand with petrol heading towards £2/litre it can't come soon enough.
Come on Tesla - put those parts together faster!

Upvote 0