Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

I'm scheduled for Sept 13th from Staines. Not sure why I was moved to there from Southampton (and therefore will have a bit longer to wait!) but can't complain - glad it's finally happening! ✨
Mine is the 9th September from Staines as well. Was supposed to be Bluewaters . Yes very glad it’s happening at last. Just hope the car is fully charged in order to get me home 😂

Upvote 0
My MYLR edd was 10-26 th September.
Spoke to Tesla other day and they said should be getting assigned vin etc / attached to vehicle any day.
So Yesterday I removed my p/ex(as teslas value dropped 7k) sold elsewhere now.
This morning my edd has changed to 31st oct to 25th December……. Arghhhh….

Upvote 0
OMG , I did exactly the same. Sold my M3 LR a month back privatley as my EDD was Sept 3rd to Sept 19th After I sold my car 2 days later my EDD changed to 18th Nov to 28th Dec now ... what a joke! ..

The way I look at it now, the more it's delayed we may get the new changes and improvements they constantly keep making, may even cime Giga Berlin now 🤣

Upvote 0
Same he
My MYLR edd was 10-26 th September.
Spoke to Tesla other day and they said should be getting assigned vin etc / attached to vehicle any day.
So Yesterday I removed my p/ex(as teslas value dropped 7k) sold elsewhere now.
This morning my edd has changed to 31st oct to 25th December……. Arghhhh….
re. Mine showed Sep 26 to 30. Now it says Nov 3 to Dec28.

Upvote 0
Spoke to someone at Tesla. Apparently they are having major issues with this and have been inundated with calls and emails today.

Things like p/ex prices changing due to uncertainty in used car market (could mean many need to refinance their deals as could now have a shortfall on the agreement)

I was also informed the some who have ordered and changed mind but not cancelled is also an issue.

May find after tomorrow the system sorts itself and the algorithms recalculate again.

Also due to the above there may be many cancellations which could also bring some deliveries forwards.

Upvote 0
Same he

re. Mine showed Sep 26 to 30. Now it says Nov 3 to Dec28.
Actually I just re-checked my dates and it the same as yours, 3rd Nov to 28th Dec.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-154532_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220829-154532_Chrome.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Further update from Tesla.

Unless you have been given a VIN number for your Model Y (not sure about other models ie 3) in the UK - there is little to no chance of you getting your vehicle this side of November - pending someone cancelling and the order matching yours ! ( miracles can happen )

Apparently they are saying all vehicles have already been matched and allocated for this quarter, and are blaming covid closures at Shanghai earlier this year.

Come on Tesla - sort this out ! Why aren’t you delivering cars monthly, this quarterly rubbish is crazy !

Upvote 0
I've just chased LeasePlan for my order placed in May (MY LR, Midnight silver, 19"). Last formal update from Tesla was in July, when I got a date of 16th September. The latest is that LeasePlan have a date of 31st Jan 2023, and their latest comms from Tesla is end November, so there is a disconnect somewhere, but it looks likely I won't be getting my car in September. :(

Upvote 0
Further update from Tesla.

Unless you have been given a VIN number for your Model Y (not sure about other models ie 3) in the UK - there is little to no chance of you getting your vehicle this side of November - pending someone cancelling and the order matching yours ! ( miracles can happen )

Apparently they are saying all vehicles have already been matched and allocated for this quarter, and are blaming covid closures at Shanghai earlier this year.

Come on Tesla - sort this out ! Why aren’t you delivering cars monthly, this quarterly rubbish is crazy !
This may explain why we may not get our cars delivered this year now , which is quite disappointing to say the least 😕

Upvote 0
This looks to be the last batch shipping out of China to Europe including the UK! I think this was 2 weeks ago , ship has departed now ...

Attachments

• IMG-20220829-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20220829-WA0006.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20220829-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20220829-WA0009.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG-20220829-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20220829-WA0004.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220829_231448.jpg
    20220829_231448.jpg