Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ Congrats! That's an impressive positive shift in EDD's (Estimated Delivery Date). Seems that Freemont is, and has always, prioritized perfomance models, and sometimes has some excess supply of them hanging around. Was the quality level up to your expectations?

Had a bit of a roller-coaster with EDD, 2-week window, window arriving, EDD getting bumped to another 2 month window (for about 4 days), and then today BOOM VIN assigned and being told via txt that I had 2 days to take delivery or I’m *sugar* out of luck.

I know I know it’s the end of the quarter but come the **** on, 48 hours to figure out financing and get the time off work “or else”. That’s ****ed.

That being said Tesla is gonna pick me up tomorrow from home and take me to the dealer.

EDIT: I had no idea the forum has a filter for the naughty words. Enlightened I am.

Reactions: ord3r
^ That's the rub, isn't it? When they arrive too fast like that, how does anyone tell their employer that they need to pick up their new Tesla and can't work tomorrow or the next day because Tesla will just cancel and sell it to someone else? Life doesn't work that way, or it shouldn't work that way. I may very well face the same s**t at the end of December on mine.

^ That's the rub, isn't it? When they arrive too fast like that, how does anyone tell their employer that they need to pick up their new Tesla and can't work tomorrow or the next day because Tesla will just cancel and sell it to someone else? Life doesn't work that way, or it shouldn't work that way. I may very well face the same s**t at the end of December on mine.
No issues with pickup today. F557 vin. Yes, it does have the Matrix headlights.

Just got my VIN today which is weird because my EDD has been jumping from Nov to Feb to December 12-31st as of last week. This VIN came out of nowhere since a couple weeks ago it was delayed until February! Very strange.

Still deciding if I want to wait and just lose out on my deposit or not because the tax rebate is only a month away.

Tesla will only allow me to do one 7 day hold once I contact them after I receive my VIN

VIN yesterday. No mention of USS, or any agreement about that. 2023 Freemont build, which was quite expected for the options I ordered (in my sig.).

USS: don't know.
Shelf: don't know.
Tires: don't know.

SA couldn't/wouldn't tell me anything else about it. Since it is in now apparently in transit, I have a few days before it is here, so I'm guessing they'll text me 90 minutes from now that I must absolutely pick it up yesterday, or somesuch.