Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, just switched my red/black MYLR7 w/ FSD to a red/black MYP w/ FSD today. OD 4/15 in SoCal. Current EDD is still showing Dec-Feb. Was wondering if anyone has done similar and how long it took for EDD to update? Or if I’d be pushed to back of the line, or if they look at the April OD? Thanks!

Hey all, just switched my red/black MYLR7 w/ FSD to a red/black MYP w/ FSD today. OD 4/15 in SoCal. Current EDD is still showing Dec-Feb. Was wondering if anyone has done similar and how long it took for EDD to update? Or if I’d be pushed to back of the line, or if they look at the April OD? Thanks!
Many, many, many have done similar. I've seen reports of the EDD updating anywhere from 1 day to 7 days. You will get prioritized like an April 15th MYP order so expect a car in a few weeks time with a 4/15 date.

Reactions: viper689
Still no update. Ordered MYP on 4/27 and current edd of 9/12 - 9/26. Was also informed of no mobile charger but a voucher instead. So potentially get the vehicle without the opportunity of getting a charger. With the removal of Brembo rear brakes as well is really making me double think this decision. Not happy so far.

Yeah, it’s weird. Maybe it’s the color?

There doesn't seem to be much consistancy in how the allocations are alloted to sections of the country. I happen to work on a very busy street with huge windows and very often see truckloads of 3's or Y's go by to their local short-term storage lot in Westmont. A truckload of all same-color same-model will pass by, and then one with every other color made and model mixes. Big bunches of same color cars being shipped en-masse? Dunno. Random shipping everything all together to get numbers up prior to a quarters end? Dunno.

The Austin Drone videos seem to show lots of similar colored Y's on the lot prior to loading, likely for painting efficiency. I'd like to know more about their regional allocation logistics. But then, Austin is a one trick pony for now, where Freemont builds everything.

New to the thread, thought I would add mine to the discussion as it surprised me when it happened. In Virginia, I ordered a LR 31 May and was looking at Dec - Jan. Switched it to MYP the last week of August, since I was half way there given the wheels I had configured. The VIN assignment email came within an hour of the configuration change email. Tooke delivery five days later.

Reactions: jaaberle