Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today!

Ordered 4/10/22 MYLR. EDD was 10/22-1/23. Changed to MYP black/black, no extras on 4/23/22. New EDD changed to 7/21-8/30.

5/9/22- changed to 6/16-7/21

5/19/22- changed to 6/18-7/16

5/31/22- changed to 6/30-7/28

6/10/22- changed to 7/18-8/22

6/30/22- changed to 7/18-8/15

7/12/22- Trade-in Text

7/17/22- changed to 7/31-8/14

7/22/22- Received a call from Tesla asking about financing and trade-in. Rep said I should get a VIN in next couple of weeks.

7/28/22- VIN received, EDD 8/9-8/13

7/30/22- Text that vehicle departed factory

7/30/22- Email to sign Temporary Permit paperwork

8/1/22- Received call from SA to schedule appointment. Earliest appointment scheduled for 8/10.

8/3/22- Signed closing documents for outside closing. Paid down remaining payment.

8/9/22- Received text at 10:16 am about what to expect for delivery day tomorrow. 20 minutes later received text that they automatically rescheduled for 8/12

Texas

Anyone see the current update that replaces the rear brake caliper on the model y performance with Mando instead of Brembo? Kind of ridiculous considering Brembo brakes were a part of the performance upgrade! Also saw updated door trim but let’s be honest I’d rather have better brakes than different door trim.

Current EDD: Aug 19th - Sept 2nd

What are the Fremont model wise associated with reputation wise? Build quality? Anything remarkable to note? Or is it only the new facility that’s producing the remarkable vehicles?
Fremont is the long established factory, Austin the new kid.
Currently Austin gets you a rear parcel shelf and may get you front and rear castings. Although I'm not sure if the casting is confirmed.
I've heard build quality (ie lack of panel gaps or other issues) is better from Austin and I've heard the opposite that it is better from Fremont....so who knows??
Just recently Fremont is putting in the new door trim and now putting Matrix headlights on MYLR. Headlights are reported to be just a temporary change for a few months. Door trim should be a permanent change but no reports yet out of Austin about door trim or headlights. I'd guess door trim will change in Austin soon but headlights probably won't. Headlight change is reported to just be because of low supply of the normal MYLR headlights.
So far Austin was only producing black seats, 5 seats and I believe Blue, Silver and Black exteriors (I could be wrong about paint) but just saw someone report getting a VIN for a White one out of Austin this week.

But in the end it will all come down to location....Tesla is using Austin for the East and Fremont for the West. But Austin may not be ramped up to full capacity yet so there are still Fremont cars going East. Also so far MYP is only out of Fremont.

Reactions: Skk1969
I posted this in another thread, here is update on my April order in case it helps:

MYP - MSM - Black - No Tow - No FSD

Original Order: 4/30/22 (MYLR)
EDD: Jan-Mar, 2023
Switch to MYP: 5/27/22
{I didn't write down all of my EDDs, they changed a few times over time of course.}
EDD: (~8/1/22): Aug 16 - 30
VIN received (via text): 8/11/22; VIN #: F5197
EDD (8/11/22): Aug 25 - 28
MYP left factory (via text): 8/13/22
Request to schedule delivery (via text): 8/18/22
Delivery date: 8/25/22 (woohoo!)

Still no update for me ordered 4/27 current edd 9/12 a 9/26. Recently chatted online with an agent and found that I will not be getting the mobile charger, but a voucher instead via email, but nothing yet. Not understanding the process how I could be getting my vehicle without a charger.

I didn't track all of my EDDs but they were ALL OVER the place...probably missing one or two of my first 4 updates.

OOD: 4/15/2022 (MYLR White/Black/19"/5/No Tow)
EDD: 1/23-3/23
EDD: 3/23-4/23
EDD: 1/23-2/23
EDD: 12/22-1/23
EDD: 12/24/22-12/31/22
EDD: 12/21/22-12/31/22
Current EDD: 12/8/22-12/31/22

So...getting close. The recent EDD update doesn't make sense. So will I get it sooner or no? I guess I ordered the most common configuration and that's why it has taken so long compared to other April orders. Upset I probably won't get USS but happy that it should come with the updated suspension.

Thinking about ordering the Wall Connector soon and getting that set up, along with other goodies. Nervous about finding/coordinating the financing with a 3rd party lender. Seeing a lot of stories of people barely making or not making the final payment in time due to issues with their lenders.

Want to get really upset? How about ordering the same car and your buddy orders 2.5 months later but his is getting delivered next week ahead of you. Tesla is simply fulfilling the highest profit margin cars first above all else. My OOD was more than a month before you and I still do not have a car yet.