TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by daver6640, Jul 1, 2018.

1. daver6640

daver6640 Member

We all configured based on the estimated 3-6 weeks delivery window. Some folks did receive their VINs within the estimated window. We received or most of us received the email that we would be delayed our deliveries to either June or July. Some people got the June email and have not received their car and others received the July email and received their cars in June.

Most people agreed on the speculation that the reason we are being delayed is because of Tesla avoiding hitting the 200k car delivered in Q2 so that the $7500 tax credit could possibly go until the end of 2018.

Fine. Nothing we can do about that as it is all in the past. No more excuses it is the beginning of Q3. I am at 9 weeks and others probably at 11 weeks.

My Details:
    3/31/16 Reservation
    2/22 invite
    4/30 config
    5/20 July delay Email
    No contact / No VIN
    Non-Owner
    Red/Sport/EAP
    Selected Fremont for Delivery
    All boxes have been checked

I have called Tesla only twice in the over two years of waiting and they were super nice but had no information to give.

• Like x 1
  2. Toddl3

Toddl3 Member

I configured May 19th. Got Delivery in Marina Del Rey CA June 30th.
    My screen displayed a charge port door error at the delivery center. They corrected it on site in 15 minutes.
    Auto Pilot was working after 20 miles.

Happy so far!

3. daver6640

daver6640 Member

That's good to hear. I have never lost faith that the car is awesome. Even if there is an issue Tesla will stand behind their warranty so I have heard. What was your config out of curiosity?

4. drowningfish

drowningfish Member

tomorrow will be the beginning of the 10th week for me. i've contacted several times and each time have been told they don't have any info until a VIN is assigned.

5. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

3-6 weeks estimate. Wednesday makes week 11 since configured and giving money.

Got on 5/20 a june mail.

Now july.

No ISA no VIN.

:rolleyes:

6. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Damn that is a long wait. July is here...

7. The proton

The proton Member

Still waiting here as well since my April configuration, 1st day reservation. Ncontact, no VIN. I’m really fine waiting in line for what should be a great car. However watching lots of people cut in front of me, not so much.

LR, Red, 19 wheels

• Like x 1
  8. The proton

The proton Member

intersesting that the posters still waiting all seem to be from the Bay Area.

• Informative x 1
  9. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

Yes Tesla achieved some how the impossible!! More time to get to closer customers then further ones!

Lets speculate! Do they put ISA on assembly line? Do they tried to spread cars to many states to appear succeeding? Do they got such a back up with local delivery they send those VINs away? Do they send all cars away and forget to hold some? Do they got too many cars for repair that there is no more local body store capacity?

:D

10. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

I'm seeing a lot of people on here that have been waiting a while have Red as their color. Is there anyone who has waited a huge amount of time that DOESN'T have Red as their choice?

I configured on June 28th, chose Red. No VIN.

11. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

I chose pearl.

Waiting still for any thing Tesla :rolleyes:

For now all I got to do is enjoy the falling stock :D

• Like x 1
  12. 510kut

510kut Member

Configured a white end of April got July email. Still waiting on VIN.

13. 510kut

510kut Member

Forgot to mention also in the Bay Area

14. domorobigato

domorobigato Member

Midnight Silver here. Configured on 4/20, no ISA no VIN. My Edit Design link disappeared a week ago.

15. daver6640

daver6640 Member

When Edit Design disappeared did it reappear? I know mine went away but then came back. I think it was the day Tesla was changing some pricing to AWD and performance.

16. psyrob

psyrob Member

Invite 4/18; reserved on line 3/31
    config 5/24
    contact from ISA June 18
    assigned VIN June 25th, date of delivery set July 14. Could have had the car today, but couldn't cancel work to go get it.
    Red, Aero, PUP
    So Cal, Marina Del Rey pick up

17. daver6640

daver6640 Member

So we know Tesla is cranking out the red color no issues there. They clearly are not following first in line first served mentality. Looks like they are building and shipping then matching color / wheel combo to configurators.

Darn work thing...

• Like x 1
  18. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

More likely I think they got a back log and red already in SoCal. From dates this car likely got made before they stop red and white.

19. domorobigato

domorobigato Member

Mine disappeared and reappeared on 6/26, which was the day that I was able to change to Obsidian Black, AWD, Performance, etc. The next day, 6/27, the link disappeared and has not reappeared.

20. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

Ditto -
    Invited 4/18, Config 4/22, June delay email, no communication from Tesla, called for the 4th time today but still no info.
    RWD/LR, RED, 19", EAP
    ( i think i added to Self driving today via tele but its not showing up in my account so who knows....:rolleyes:)
    My frustration is the lack of communication and the one communication I did receive says that i should EXPECT my car in June. Hmm.

Attached Files: