Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • I placed my reservation on April 4th 2016 ($1,000)
  • Configured my car on line April 24th 2018 ($3,200)
  • White, RWD, LR, Premium Int, Sport Wheels, Enhanced Autopilot
  • Ready for delivery June 10 2018 - but out of town, So asked to delay until June 23rd
  • Came back, called Inside Sales Associated, "THEY GAVE MY CAR AWAY!"
  • Now 11 weeks later, and $4,200 poorer without a car.
  • Have called/emailed multiple times and no answers.
  • NOT Impressed! with how Tesla treats its customers.

• I placed my reservation on April 4th 2016 ($1,000)
  • Configured my car on line April 24th 2018 ($3,200)
  • White, RWD, LR, Premium Int, Sport Wheels, Enhanced Autopilot
  • Ready for delivery June 10 2018 - but out of town, So asked to delay until June 23rd
  • Came back, called Inside Sales Associated, "THEY GAVE MY CAR AWAY!"
  • Now 11 weeks later, and $4,200 poorer without a car.
  • Have called/emailed multiple times and no answers.
  • NOT Impressed! with how Tesla treats its customers.
Sorry to hear about that. That is exactly why I didn't schedule any vacations this summer because I had a feeling but after all it doesn't matter I am still waiting for my car lol. You are in a tough spot because Canada was number 1 for deliveries back in May / June and now I don't know what Tesla's priority is at maybe Performance or AWD and a few RWD.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon for you.

At least you got contacted for delivery some of us have not even been contacted. Some waiting close to 80 days :eek:

I was looking at CJ’s tracking list and there haven’t been any pearl white Vins and very few multi coat reds in quite some time. Wonder if they are starting new batches of each color at the factory? Fingers and toes crossed ... ! I’m still waiting on my Vin but I got the first step out of the way in getting an email from my ISA.

I was looking at CJ’s tracking list and there haven’t been any pearl white Vins and very few multi coat reds in quite some time. Wonder if they are starting new batches of each color at the factory? Fingers and toes crossed ... ! I’m still waiting on my Vin but I got the first step out of the way in getting an email from my ISA.
Now you can take a well deserved break. Almost time to pick up your car.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Reading all of these April Red/White cars being delayed makes me question if I should’ve went with Red on my 6/27 reservation.

Until I hear officially that they didn’t deliver the 200,000th car before July 1st, I’ll be in a state of anxiousness hoping to get my car before Sept 30.

I am from the Bay Area and have Fremont as the pickup location.

Day 1 reservation
Received invite on 4/18
Configured on 4/23
Received the 5/20 delay email
Made Wheel changes to the config on 6/4 and finally settled to 19 inch wheels on 6/9
Color Red
11th week of waiting

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I am from the Bay Area and have Fremont as the pickup location.

Day 1 reservation
Received invite on 4/18
Configured on 4/23
Received the 5/20 delay email
Made Wheel changes to the config on 6/4 and finally settled to 19 inch wheels on 6/9
Color Red
11th week of waiting
Similar config. What is up with VINs not being assigned at a fast pace in the Bay Area.

Sorry to hear about that. That is exactly why I didn't schedule any vacations this summer because I had a feeling but after all it doesn't matter I am still waiting for my car lol. You are in a tough spot because Canada was number 1 for deliveries back in May / June and now I don't know what Tesla's priority is at maybe Performance or AWD and a few RWD.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon for you.

At least you got contacted for delivery some of us have not even been contacted. Some waiting close to 80 days :eek:

Was actually out of town for work (got to Make $$$ to pay for the car :)).
What really upsets me is that the ISA did not tell me that they would give away my car. Had she said so I would have made other arrangements to have the car picked up. So... the lesson here is when you do get your call and if you need to delay, ask if that delay will cause you to loose your car.

Was actually out of town for work (got to Make $$$ to pay for the car :)).
What really upsets me is that the ISA did not tell me that they would give away my car. Had she said so I would have made other arrangements to have the car picked up. So... the lesson here is when you do get your call and if you need to delay, ask if that delay will cause you to loose your car.
My bad...work is work. I am not so sure what to believe when it comes to Model 3... I mean when you delay you put yourself at risk for getting super delayed. Delaying a week or 2 weeks no big deal when scheduling but month or so I don't know.

What I am trying to say if you schedule at date great but anything else who knows. There have been reports that some ISAs have been super stars and others will not make ISA of the Year. No holidays this week just another work week so I hope something happens.

Any insight on this article: Tesla releases official production numbers: 53,339 vehicles including 28,578 Model 3’s in Q2, 6,000 per week next month

"Tesla has now made it official confirming that they produced 5,031 Model 3 during the last seven days of Q2."

Where are these cars? If you have a back log of people waiting such as April and May configs wouldn't you fill these orders or at least most of them?

I heard they were working on the line the past week plus it was a holiday week so maybe ramping up back again this week in regards to production and deliveries.

We will see.