Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all configured based on the estimated 3-6 weeks delivery window. Some folks did receive their VINs within the estimated window. We received or most of us received the email that we would be delayed our deliveries to either June or July. Some people got the June email and have not received their car and others received the July email and received their cars in June.

Most people agreed on the speculation that the reason we are being delayed is because of Tesla avoiding hitting the 200k car delivered in Q2 so that the $7500 tax credit could possibly go until the end of 2018.

Fine. Nothing we can do about that as it is all in the past. No more excuses it is the beginning of Q3. I am at 9 weeks and others probably at 11 weeks.

My Details:
3/31/16 Reservation
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
Red/Sport/EAP
Selected Fremont for Delivery
All boxes have been checked

I have called Tesla only twice in the over two years of waiting and they were super nice but had no information to give.

Are you trading in? Some reports that trade-ins are de-prioritized. Would like to know if that's the case before I configure! Easy enough to sell car via another channel.

Are you trading in? Some reports that trade-ins are de-prioritized. Would like to know if that's the case before I configure! Easy enough to sell car via another channel.

I am not trading in. I know back in April - June it was just plain luck in some cases in getting a VIN and of course the main reason someone got assigned VINs quickly was matching up configurations with geographic locations. Trade in or not didn't seem to play a role.

The rules have changed a bit in regards to VIN assignment. It is still matching configurations (color and wheel combo) with geographic locations but seems faster now for some folks. People are worried about two or three weeks no communication...try 11 weeks or even more.

It is always best to do a private sale of your car if possible. 1. Get premium money 2. No hassle of trading by Tesla

If private sale is not an option then just do trade in. I am not sure if this will slow you down in getting a VIN.

Reactions: MissyMcBee

Attachments

• 756BBCEE-EE99-4A8A-8F9B-20A396A5125D.jpeg
    756BBCEE-EE99-4A8A-8F9B-20A396A5125D.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DC86A4A9-A186-4F15-8992-F5CE4169A769.jpeg
    DC86A4A9-A186-4F15-8992-F5CE4169A769.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 47