Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(April Fools) Serious Head Injury from Falcon Wing Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, my dear friend Yudvig, a young tech entrepreneur in Austria, was recently attempting to film a video about the reasons he will be selling his Model X and sustained a head injury when the door abruptly closed on top of him while filming (see video). Do you think he has grounds to take Tesla to court and does anyone know a good attorney in Austria / Germany area? Just trying to help a friend and raise awareness. Thanks!

Only thing serious about this is an obvious attempt to defraud. Are you saying the door moved uncommanded? Highly improbable. Second, you call that a serious head injury? Looks like didn't break the skin. If it was serious he should have been unconscious. I'd have your friend pull the video and hope Tesla doesn't come after him for fraud.

Either:
  • This is a joke (probably the most likely choice)
  • The guy is very bad actor staging this (couldn't even press the fob button without looking down and couldn't hold a simile after being "hit")
  • The guy is trying to find clever ways to show-off (he needs to keep trying as this one was a fail
As per attorney recommendation, you better call Saul

cc84ac17958fb3c7e290d8baef6c8bb3.jpg

He can't even click his keyfob to close the door without needing to look down.
I investigated whether or not he clicked his key fob or if the door closed without prompting by him, he shared with me that at that moment of looking down in the video his cat walked between his legs. So that clearly rules out the possibility of fraud or fob use. I can completely vouch for his honesty and intelligence, after all his company developed a "smart helmet" that can be worn while driving and can use proprietary AI algorithms to predict an accident before it occurs and brace for impact. It has reduced auto crash head related injuries in Austria by 70%, however my friend Ludvig had to go through extensive beta testing himself driving into fixed objects repeatedly and intentionally not wearing his seat belt and disabling steering wheel airbag so he could calibrate the sensors in the production candidate helmets. He is therefore clearly a genius and would only send me this video if it was serious.

however my friend Ludvig had to go through extensive beta testing himself driving into fixed objects repeatedly and intentionally not wearing his seat belt and disabling steering wheel airbag so he could calibrate the sensors in the production candidate helmets. He is therefore clearly a genius and would only send me this video if it was serious.

Wow. Seems like if he was a genius he might have used a crash test dummy to calibrate the sensors instead.

Reactions: Chopr147
I investigated whether or not he clicked his key fob or if the door closed without prompting by him, he shared with me that at that moment of looking down in the video his cat walked between his legs. So that clearly rules out the possibility of fraud or fob use. I can completely vouch for his honesty and intelligence, after all his company developed a "smart helmet" that can be worn while driving and can use proprietary AI algorithms to predict an accident before it occurs and brace for impact. It has reduced auto crash head related injuries in Austria by 70%, however my friend Ludvig had to go through extensive beta testing himself driving into fixed objects repeatedly and intentionally not wearing his seat belt and disabling steering wheel airbag so he could calibrate the sensors in the production candidate helmets. He is therefore clearly a genius and would only send me this video if it was serious.
:D:D:D

You're a day early

In all fairness. I have hit my head on the corner of the falcon wing door. I'm 6'2 and when the wings don't fully open I just didn't duck down enough.

My son got hit as it was opening by moving out of the drivers side and the door was opening. Hit on the corner and he was really hurting.
unfortunately our society subscribes to the eggshell plaintiff notion. Even if you are very very very unlikely to be hurt from a product (in CA) during any circumstance, the fact that you had two previous neck surgeries then the door comes down and hits you ... ca-ching pay up.
you might want to tell the victim "suck it up" but our systems coddles the big woosies out there, because manufacturers are supposed to know 1 out of 300 or so are uber delecate.

I've had the motorized sliding door on my wife's minivan close on my tush several times while unloading stuff from it. I may have to sue Toyota for giving me hemorrhoids. Never had problems in that area prior to her getting that damn minivan. :)

Let's say for the sake of argument that the Falcon wing door did close on him unbidden as supposedly depicted in the video (and that a black cat crossing his path wasn't somehow responsible for his misfortune). If Ludvig regularly takes risks by intentionally disabling safety features in order to test his technology, how would one know this event wasn't the consequence of another such staged experiment? That admission alone may disqualify/weaken his case.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture