TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

April Fools: Toyota and Honda to abandon hydrogen fuel cell plans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Incredulocious, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Incredulocious

Incredulocious '11 LEAF –> '13 RAV4 EV

Saw this over in the Short-Term TSLA Price Movements thread and thought it deserves to be called out....

http://www.torquenews.com/2250/honda-toyota-abandon-hydrogen-fuel-cell-plans

Yeah, April Fool's... but here's hoping that some of their execs see this and get another little nudge towards coming to their senses. Yeah, I know, that won't happen until they see their sales clobbered.

2. Incredulocious

Incredulocious '11 LEAF –> '13 RAV4 EV

Moved to off-topic? Interesting interpretation. I took this "April Fools" story to be a thinly-veiled commentary on why Toyota and Honda should abandon hydrogen and embrace pure battery electric. In other words, very much on topic.

Presumably if the author had made his argument without humor, the moderator would then consider it on topic?? The humor doesn't change the message, it just makes it a good read.

Also, sticking "April Fools" in the title is quite the spoiler. It's like renaming "The Sixth Sense" as "Dead Guy Doesn't Know He's Dead". Oh well....