Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April/May Deliveries Build Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really an April May delivery—made in January, delivered in March, but this first part may be interesting to some. Service early on did some things to quiet noise around the front windows (prompted by SC) and explored a whistling low down in the driver’s door on acceleration (noted by me) which they said they would be able to fix later with new materials. While in for spoiler recalibration in September they approached the wind noise again but this time did a lot of stuff: removed the door trim panels, the door closeout panel, and front window glass rail track then resealed all those areas, replaced the “seal mesh defroster", and adjusted the b-pillar appliqué. Honestly I didn’t think the wind noise was all that noticeable, but the tire noise sure does come through at high speeds. It does seem quieter now though.

They also did the 12,500mi service, including a tire rotation (oops), brake care, and alignment, as well as a few other little things. The new-since-10,000mile front end vibration on accelerating uphill was not considered abnormal although they did inspect the half-shafts. My intermittently-not-opening passenger side mirror did not leave any crumbs in the log so it was left alone. We’ll see if these two things amount to anything meaningful in the future.

Sadly, the passenger side door latch now does not work properly except when opened with the interior door handle. They will report back with a reset technique if one is available (didn’t find one discussed around here yet).

The spoiler is working nominally again, no new controller or motor needed. This is what prompted the visit in the first place.

I still don’t have a sunshade (not like I need one any time soon) and neither do they.