TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

April/May European Timelines

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rider, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rider

Rider Member

Im trying to figure out if the model s production jump from late March to June is because of tax gaming or some sort of refresh.

My thinking is that Tesla wouldn’t shut down the MS/MX line for April and May unless it was doing some major joint refresh.

But, they could also be focusing on producing vehicles for Europe during that time to extend the US tax credit another quarter.

Does anyone know how European timelines have been for the last couple months? Do they have a big 2 month jump like in the US? Is anything being delivered in April/May?

2. Ofarlig

Ofarlig Member

From what I heard on the local forums over here they manufacture cars for us in the beginning of the quarter for delivery late. My car being delivered within 2-3 weeks is said to have a production date late January so it takes a while to get them here.

3. Rider

Rider Member

Anyone have any more input on this? I can get a new inventory model now with the new MCU or wait until June.