TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

APS Failure Auxiliary power supply $5600

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by bgrenell, Aug 21, 2018.

1. bgrenell

bgrenell Member

My 2010 roadster sport apparently has a failed auxiliary power supply. I am troubled by the $5600 estimate from Tesla and wondering if this can be rebuilt, found used, or if there are any questions I should ask before dropping down my Visa card. Thanks for any ideas.

2. Oricle

Oricle Member

You could give Gruber a call, they are the only alternative to Tesla I know of for rebuilding the electronics
    Tesla Roadster

• Like x 1
  3. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

There are fuses inside the APS, and the power transistors that blow are fairly easy to replace. But the problem is getting someone to remove the ESS, open it up and remove the APS for repair. All while the car is on a lift and can't be moved unless it is put back together.

If you do have Tesla repair it, make sure you get the old one, I will give you a few bucks for it.

• Like x 1
  4. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

This is something we need a club get together for. Having an item like this that’s a relatively cheap part to fix should be available. Could we maybe start a loan of parts that would make troubleshooting an easy fix. Can we opt to keep parts that get replaced so we can build up an inventory