Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aptera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Letter from Aptera

"Hello Aptera Family Member,

You’ve been patiently waiting and the time has finally come to get up close and personal with the Aptera 2e. We're still working out all the details, but save April 4th for our fun kick-off event in San Diego County.

See you there,

The Aptera Marketing Crew"

Video demonstrating the stability of the Aptera:

New Aptera 2e video demonstrates stability of three-wheeled platform

Jason H. Harper, writing for Bloomberg, recently took an Aptera 2e for a spin and he strapped a video camera inside while taking a number of tire-screechingly tight corners at speed. From the looks (and sounds) of things, the Aptera made good use of its twin front wheels and comparatively wide track to remain impressively stable throughout the exercise.

In color thanks to photoshop:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Aptera will be in Palo alto on April 22nd
See below:

"[FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif]Palo Alto Aptera Sighting Tour[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif]Hello,

Weren't able to make it to the first Aptera Sighting Tour? Well, join us for the second installment at the Stanford Shopping Mall in Palo Alto on April 22nd, from 5-8pm. Click the link below for more info on the event.

See you there,

The Aptera Team
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif]Date:
April 22nd, 2009, 5pm - 8pm
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif]Location:
Stanford Shopping Center
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif]Address:
680 Stanford Shopping Center
Palo Alto, CA 94304
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, verdana, sans-serif](map)[/FONT] "

A little EVcast segment here starting at 3:25.

We recorded a short interview yesterday where I made sure to mention lots of technical details and observations. (For example, I mentioned how the vehicles they gave test rides in seemed to have way too little ground clearance.) But in editing, Ryan managed to accidentally erase the interview. D'oh! So he called me up again today to redo it.

I was out and about, but managed to find a quiet spot to talk on my cell phone. But without the stuff fresh in my mind, I just relied on Ryan's questions which were non technical. It was still fun, but the result is more fluffy than I would have preferred.

Last edited: