TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aptera's Management Mystery

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by graham, Sep 3, 2008.

1. graham

graham Active Member

Aptera's Management Mystery | Up to Speed | Los Angeles Times

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. Didn't even know Phoenix Motorcars had a similar problem. Seems like this kind of ousting of founders is very common in EV startups.

3. domenick

domenick Nerd

What's with everyone using the expression , "thrown under the bus"? Was there a memo I didn't get or something?

I suspect Fambro was very amenable to being CTO instead of CEO and may have even been behind the decision. I don't have any inside info though. I do know the Aptera fans really like Steve and would be extremely disappointed if he wasn't intimately involved with the company, especially with it's 4 wheel car development.

4. DDB

DDB Member

Why didn't everyone learn from the Apple-Jobs fiasco...

5. graham

graham Active Member

It is very interesting news about building a plant, possibly in Southern California. Who would have thought that California would become an auto manufacturing state?

6. graham

graham Active Member

Aptera founder: I'm here to stay | Up to Speed | Los Angeles Times