Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid lug nuts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get a set of Gorilla lug nuts instead of the OEM Tesla ones anyway. The Tesla ones suck, and the “caps” have a tendency to swell and warp, and get deformed if you use them too much. I was unable to get one of mine off, and had to bring it to my tire shop and even they could barely get the warped case off.

Your current wheels are 19", and the lug nuts are the same
Oops. I was thinking 18” from our model 3 tires I was just pricing. Thank you!

related question - my car is now very squeaky after swapping out the set. I’ve had the arachnids in the garage for 18 months or so. Waiting for the other tires to wear out.

I get a squeak as the car comes to a stop. Doesn’t sound like the brakes.

I have coil suspension and lifted the car a side at a time using two floor jacks with the custom pucks in the jack points.

I get a squeak as the car comes to a stop. Doesn’t sound like the brakes.
From your post I couldn't work out what wheels you have fitted at the moment, I know the noise and I agree it isn't the brakes. I think the Arachnid's get a harmonic effect when under stress at low speeds. It is embarrassing when you pull up and everyone thinks there is a garbage truck doing the rounds.

From your post I couldn't work out what wheels you have fitted at the moment, I know the noise and I agree it isn't the brakes. I think the Arachnid's get a harmonic effect when under stress at low speeds. It is embarrassing when you pull up and everyone thinks there is a garbage truck doing the rounds.

I have the arachnids on now. They have about 2 years and 100 miles of use :)

that’s exactly the sound. Right when the trash truck comes to a stop. Kinda a honk/squeak.

I was wondering if it was suspension related. From jacking it up to full extension.

I understand why people think it is the brakes, but I've tested it making the sound sitting still in park, foot off the brake and turning the wheel left / right and it groans, how is that brakes? I believe these particular wheels are vibrating at that frequency under load stress, I'm not sure how to prove that though.

Reactions: brkaus
I understand why people think it is the brakes, but I've tested it making the sound sitting still in park, foot off the brake and turning the wheel left / right and it groans, how is that brakes? I believe these particular wheels are vibrating at that frequency under load stress, I'm not sure how to prove that though.

messed with it more today. It seams like mine is tempuature and surface dependent. I think your right.