Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid Range impact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put on the Arachnid wheels and they look really nice! Previously I had the OEM 19'' wheels and they weighed 56.3 lbs each. The front Arachnids weigh just 51.95 lbs and rears 53.25 lbs. Very, very light. Overall weight savings is 14.8 lbs. Hugh difference. I can see the red brake calipers behind the wheels now and they are dirty. Time to wash them.

Attachments

• Arachnid Wheels.jpg
    Arachnid Wheels.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 186
bumping this up hoping more people have arachnids now and can provide more first hand accounts of range, noise, and ride.

Replaced 21" Turbines with Arachnids bit >1 yr ago. Nothing scientific, just comparative long distance route driving which I do almost every weekend. I picked up about 15-20 miles of range and very pleased. Differing wind conditions winter to summer, but with a full year behind me I've got reliable stats. However, not quite one week after the install, I couldn't stand the noise and replaced the tires with my old ContiSilents which have superior roadnoise soundproofing IMO,

The range pick up is huge for me......also no need to battle super charger hell on my monthly RT San Diego day trip. The non stop RT is no sweat and that dreamy ride along the coast is now so much better. :)