Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Staggered vs square, pressure is the same?

Here's what I got from an older service manual. Tire pressures are pretty much adjust to taste; for 21" tires anywhere from 35 to 45 is safe, all long as you don't exceed the maximum stated on the sidewall of the tire, from there do you like a softer or firmer ride? The former might give a lower lap time, but the latter will yield higher range. Carrying 4 passengers and luggage on a road trip? increase them. Not many people do this.
Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 5.07.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 5.07.34 AM.png

Never go by the pressure on the tire. That is the recommended max. Always go by the pressure listed on the sticker on the door jamb of the driver's door.

...so I will be deinstalling the OEM 19" wheels on my wife's 2015 S70D and installing the referral award 21" arachnids. Door sticker only reflects 19" tires so pressures (45 PSI) will not be correct. is there a 'replacement' door sticker with the correct pressures for the staggered 21s (I assume 42 PSI)?

Here's what I got from an older service manual. Tire pressures are pretty much adjust to taste; for 21" tires anywhere from 35 to 45 is safe, all long as you don't exceed the maximum stated on the sidewall of the tire, from there do you like a softer or firmer ride? The former might give a lower lap time, but the latter will yield higher range. Carrying 4 passengers and luggage on a road trip? increase them. Not many people do this.
View attachment 443323 View attachment 443324

The correct answer based on the Tesla chart is 40 PSI ... :cool:

upload_2019-8-19_20-44-49.png