Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid wheels arrived...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local service center notified me that my wheels arrived. I was surprised to see that they were Silver instead of the Grey I selected. I've already reached out to Tesla regarding the mistake. But now I think I prefer the silver. Another enthusiast installed the silver arachnid rims on the same color car I have and I liked it (the picture is from the enthusiast). I'm a little torn between picking up the silver or getting the Grey. I'm a pretty conservative guy and feel that the silver looks really nice.
img_0004-jpg.218017

Reactions: FlatSix911
My local service center notified me that my wheels arrived. I was surprised to see that they were Silver instead of the Grey I selected. I've already reached out to Tesla regarding the mistake. But now I think I prefer the silver. Another enthusiast installed the silver arachnid rims on the same color car I have and I liked it (the picture is from the enthusiast). I'm a little torn between picking up the silver or getting the Grey. I'm a pretty conservative guy and feel that the silver looks really nice.

Same thing happened to me, ordered Grey but got Silver, but I am totally happy with the way the silver turned out!! I like them better than the Turbines, mostly because not everyone has them, but they do look amazing.

Same thing happened to me, ordered Grey but got Silver, but I am totally happy with the way the silver turned out!! I like them better than the Turbines, mostly because not everyone has them, but they do look amazing.

Great video (The silver Wheels look great on your car). My Grey wheels are on their way. I will have the option of choosing the wheels I want (Grey or silver) when they arrive. I plan to post a video either way. BTW were you filming at the Edison Super Charger? I stop by there once a week.

Great video (The silver Wheels look great on your car). My Grey wheels are on their way. I will have the option of choosing the wheels I want (Grey or silver) when they arrive. I plan to post a video either way. BTW were you filming at the Edison Super Charger? I stop by there once a week.

Thanks I look forward to seeing your grey wheels! Yes I am usually there once a week when I do my trip from Philadelphia to NYC, however, since putting these wheels on I opt for parking in NJ and catching the train to NYC to avoid the more dangerous pot holes lol.

Are you guys feeling any difference in the butt dyno with these lighter wheels?

I've only used the turbines for a short period of time when I got my car so I cant compare the weight difference. I can only speak from the 19-21 perspective and that my Wh/mi went from around 270-300, to 350-370. The tires are a huge difference in handling and traction for launches. The only down side I see so far is that the UI is not programmed with the Arachnid image, so it still shows the image of the last wheels I had on, would love to see the Arachnids on in the UI.

I've only used the turbines for a short period of time when I got my car so I cant compare the weight difference. I can only speak from the 19-21 perspective and that my Wh/mi went from around 270-300, to 350-370. The tires are a huge difference in handling and traction for launches. The only down side I see so far is that the UI is not programmed with the Arachnid image, so it still shows the image of the last wheels I had on, would love to see the Arachnids on in the UI.
Thanks. And agreed, it would be cool if they'd update the UI image. On that subject, if one upgrades to Turbines from Slipstreams/Cyclones/Aeros/etc., or vice versa, how do they go about updating the image on the screen and app? Customer service? Or can it be done client side?