Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid wheels came in wrong color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the SC to have my 12V battery replaced yesterday, and all of a sudden they told me my Arachnid wheels had arrived and they could put them on. When they were done, it turned out that they had the wrong color on file and had put silver ones on instead of gray (so sorry, forgot to take a picture).

I told them unfortunately there was a mix-up with the color, and they responded they only came in silver. I showed them screenshots from other referrers displaying the color selection part of the awards survey, and they told me I'd have to get in touch with headquarters. Last night someone from the referral program replied to me and basically told me that after "extensive digging and research" they found my selection in their system, which was definitely silver. I never even considered silver (was torn between gray and black) and don't consider myself too stupid to tick the right one out of 3 checkboxes...

Unfortunately I also realized I don't have any proof of my selection, thanks to Tesla not sending out a detailed confirmation email, just mentioning that "your weekender bag, jacket, and Arachnid wheels" will be custom-made according to your selections"...

The person with the referral program basically told me politely to suck it up ("These are made to order and there is no back stock. The Arachnid wheels are extremely exclusive and a badge of honor for our most prolific referrers").

I cannot believe that they don't even bother once to verify that their system recored the selection for a $7k+ item correctly and then are completely unwilling to even consider having them repainted or help me out in any way after having referred well over 30 people and not gotten anything so far besides a tiny weekender bag and a flashy jacket that I'll never wear ("Look at me, I'm a TESLA OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!").

Really frustrated with this company that I love so much otherwise :/

Did anyone have a similar experience or wants to swap their gray rims for silver ones? I had them take them back off at the SC and went home with my old stock rims until this is resolved (or not).

Best,
Ben

That really sucks and I agree, with such an expensive item you would think they would give you an email confirming your selections. I wonder if anything other than silver will actually be produced since we have only seen other colors in computer generated photos at this point. Re-painting is probably your best option if Tesla does not decide to correct. Good luck, I hope they do decide to make it right.

Reactions: Bengineer
That really sucks and I agree, with such an expensive item you would think they would give you an email confirming your selections. I wonder if anything other than silver will actually be produced since we have only seen other colors in computer generated photos at this point. Re-painting is probably your best option if Tesla does not decide to correct. Good luck, I hope they do decide to make it right.
Thank you! For now they've placed me in a queue for "spare" ones, but no ETA whatsoever, so I'd rather take matters into my own hands. And yeah, you'd really expect a company that prides itself on its customer service to be a little more proactive and just offer to repaint them or something...

Just saw this thread and the exact same thing happened to me, ordered Grey, they came in Silver, and realized I had no proof/receipt of my selection, even though I know 100% I ordered Grey. Don't even know where to begin to be able to rectify the issue, so I might need to put mine on the market :(

• Helpful
Reactions: Bengineer
Just saw this thread and the exact same thing happened to me, ordered Grey, they came in Silver, and realized I had no proof/receipt of my selection, even though I know 100% I ordered Grey. Don't even know where to begin to be able to rectify the issue, so I might need to put mine on the market :(
Whoa, and here I was beginning to question my sanity! So sorry to hear you're going through the same thing, but on the other hand I'm kind of glad to hear that I'm not the only one, meaning this must definitely be Tesla's fault. I'm sure they had a glitch in their system and are just too arrogant to admit it. Can't believe they had the nerve to tell me they did "extensive digging" and found that I'm definitely incapable to select the right option out of 3...

Anyway, don't expect any help from Tesla :/ At least they shipped them to my buyer for cheap ($100, as opposed to several hundred it would've cost going with UPS), and I ended up using a fraction of the money to buy myself a nice used set of gray turbines and PS2s, so I think I'm actually happier now than I would've been even with my gray Arachnids...

But as I can see, you already have those, so I really hope this works out for you somehow!

The same thing just happend to me. I received notification from the SC that the wheels arrived and was surprised to see that they were silver and not grey. I just email the refferal department regarding this issue. I'm hoping that they are able to rectify this issue. I made a video of my selections and forwarded them the link of the youtube video. Hopefully this helps. BTW the wheels are from the referral program that ended October 15th.

The same thing just happend to me. I received notification from the SC that the wheels arrived and was surprised to see that they were silver and not grey. I just email the refferal department regarding this issue. I'm hoping that they are able to rectify this issue. I made a video of my selections and forwarded them the link of the youtube video. Hopefully this helps. BTW the wheels are from the referral program that ended October 15th.

Really sorry to hear that! You know what I think is going on? I think they actually decided to only make them in silver after all and are just too proud to admit their error, so they'd rather tell every single person who ordered gray that they're delusional and can't tick the right box, rather than admit to manufacturing/supplier troubles on their end.

I haven't seen a single picture of a gray set of Arachnid rims. If anyone has received their GRAY set of Arachnids, I'd really appreciate to hear from them!!

Sorry... :( (from the round ending in July)

upload_2017-4-20_17-21-4.png

I think we might have a solution to this problem. I am expecting a set of grey rims from the October program, but the person who wants to buy them really wants silver (but will settle for grey).

If you want to wait until I get my rims from the October program (hopefully grey) perhaps we can do a swap? (TPMSs do match up).

** I should add that I sent a request to Tesla to change to Silver rims delivered to Maryland. I never received a response back, so I don't know if I'm getting grey or silver or where they will be shipped to.

I think we might have a solution to this problem. I am expecting a set of grey rims from the October program, but the person who wants to buy them really wants silver (but will settle for grey).

If you want to wait until I get my rims from the October program (hopefully grey) perhaps we can do a swap? (TPMSs do match up).

** I should add that I sent a request to Tesla to change to Silver rims delivered to Maryland. I never received a response back, so I don't know if I'm getting grey or silver or where they will be shipped to.

I have no problem swapping with you if they do not send me replacements