Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arachnid wheels - waiting 9 months now. Is this a joke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of arachnids from a (reputable) member here who had a reward for referrals. He didn't have the wheels, only the referral award and that was fine with me as it allowed me to have them delivered to my service centre.

That was April 9th 2018. That's 9 months ago for anyone counting. The seller has been in contact and has basically been getting the runaround from the tesla referral program Although since he has had my money for 9 months, he's not out anything and is understandably far less concerned than I am.

My question is simple... Is this normal? Or am I on a tv show like a revival of punked and the seller is actually Bruce Willis' son Ashton Kutcher?

Do arachnids have the same gestation period as human babies and I'm just being impatient?

Feedback would be appreciated.

The referral program has issues, I wish I could help you but I do feel your pain. I was shown the arachnids for my next referral #3, once I hit my third referral my loot box showed me that I have earned an early access to solar coin, clearly not what is currently offered for the number 3 prize. Spent over a month emailing back and forth with referral support department and they told me I wasn’t eligible for the wheels despite having a screenshot of my app showing it was the next prize. Spent another month escalating through my online account. Escalation team admitted this was a mistake and told me I should see the change in my loot box within 30 days. Still no change and no arachnids...

Poor Customer Service was born in the Referral Dept. You think the other dept of Tesla have poor customer service. Stand by, the Referral Dept is the worst. I truly believe it is managed and employs high school drop outs with absolutely no clue. I waited for 9 months for a HPWC. Good Luck. Tesla will eventually deiliver.

you should've only paid a portion for the wheels instead of the full amount. ask the seller to return 1/2 or so til the wheels get shipped out.
I believe its to late to go back and expect the seller who has no fault in this delivery delay to return portions of the funds or renegociate the original agreement. Lessen learned to all who wish to buy from a private party and expect a third party (TESLA) in the transaction to deliver on your schedule.

I sold my set to another member in Montreal. I met up with them and made the transaction. It took a year.

Im grateful the member was so nice and was willing to work with me. He is a long time Tesla owner and REALLY understands Tesla time. I worked my butt off with escalation to finally get him the wheels and tires. Emails and phone calls and visits to the service center.

With the sets of Arachnids that we earned, we didn't want to put the buyer through this...plus there's no easy way for the original prize winner to know if the prize is ever actually delivered. We opted to just take delivery of them ourselves and then sold and shipped them out. It was more effort and cost for us but since we only sold them once we had them in our possession, all of our buyers received their Arachnids within a couple days of payment.

Reactions: cellphonechris
Just for the record, Powerwall awards are on a completely different track than the other "merchandise" awards, like the wheels. They don't just ship you a powerwall to your doorstep. All Powerwall awards go through Tesla Energy to do a site survey, engineering design, town and utility approvals, permits, and finally installation. That takes many many months. I'm getting my Founder's series powerwall installed next week. I've been working with Tesla Energy on this since October... 2017!

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr