Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arcade games shut off car and lights

JJOhio

Jan 25, 2019
Beavercreek, OH
I took the kids to the bus stop and thought we would play games while waiting (in the dark). But as soon as you enter arcade mode all the lights go out. This isn't a good thing on the side of the road. It appears to shut down the car as well as I had to press the brake to restart.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
not really shut down, but it does prevent you from driving. of all of the nanny controls in the car, preventing any sort of movement/use of the car while playing a game is probably the smartest. while i realize your concern, you probably need to reset your expectations?

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
personally i'm still undecided if it's a good idea or not. i noticed this myself the other day while waiting for someone at their home. will the lights stay on if they're set to manual instead of auto?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC