TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Arcadia Power--Ensure that your home's electricity comes from Renewables!

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by dreamwave6, Aug 16, 2017.

1. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

Just signed us up for this. Arcadia links up to your existing utility provider but sources a minimum of 50% of your energy needs from renewable sources (wind or solar) at no additional cost. This is a great way to show your utility company that you want more energy generated by renewables, not polluting, limited supply dinosaur juice. Click below if you want to check this out for yourself.

Arcadia Power | Clean Energy For Anyone

Andrew

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Good info. Part of the reason to own an ev is
    not to pollute the air. In my cAse 100% of my
    energy is from renewable. In fact put 800kwh of renewable back to grid past 2 months beyond my own use.(pool, charging x, air conditioner).

• Like x 1
  3. Tequesta

Tequesta Member

Just signed up yesterday here in south florida...next step, solar panels and a powerwall.
    Thank you for the post.

• Like x 1
  4. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

I'm not interested in retiring green certificates, I want my money to buy new capacity.
    OP: your embedded referral link adds a stink to the website.

5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I'm toying with buying into the community solar program with Arcadia, but still thinking about it. Going to wait until I have my own rooftop solar fully installed first (starting that process now, designer will be at my place this weekend) and keep looking at solar investment options for afterwards.

6. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

Wow...SageBrush...aren't you just full of all kinds of needless negativity. Thanks...that's just what the world needs right now!

Andrew

• Disagree x 3
  7. Ampster

Ampster Member

Yes, I agree. This Arcadia thing has an odor about it. Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) could be coming from anywhere, possibly around the globe.
    I am encouraging our little California beach town to join Los Angeles County Clean Energy. CCAs like this will be putting steel in the ground and adding renewable capacity to the grid.