Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are 2017 models with FSD computer upgrade currently eligible for FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

D.E.

Uncorked
Oct 12, 2016
MI
I have a 2017 S 75D that has has the FSD package and has recently had the FSD computer upgrade. Does anyone know if it is eligible for the current FSD beta?
I have a driving score of 99 but only 183 miles, with 21 miles on autopilot. I’m retired so don’t drive much. Still, I like to be on the cutting edge. I’ve got the aggressive upgrade option checked in the car’s setup.

I know they’re rolling things out but just wondering if that roll out includes the older cars.

Yes, you should be eligible. Some have reported you need 100 miles on Autopilot, but I'm not sure of that requirement. Also, many people meet all the requirements but are not in beta yet. It appears there are more that want it than there are available slots. There is no clarity as to how some are picked vs. not picked.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Reading this thread: Legacy Model S/X with camera upgrade got FSD?
It appears I need a camera upgrade. The people there have been sent an invitation for the camera upgrade. That upgrade can be done by a mobile service technician. I looked at my invoice from the FSD computer upgrade done in May and there’s not anything about a camera upgrade, nor did they mention it.
I think the gist of it is that I need to get my FSD miles over 100 monthly, then await an invitation for a camera upgrade. After the cameras are changed I think I should be eligible.

Is there anyone with a 2017 S that is in the beta FSD group?

I have it on the 2017 Model S 75D with AP3 hardware and a FSD subscription. I think the 100 miles on autopilot might be a thing. I was offered FSD beta after 120 or so miles. Could be a coincidence but most of the folks here that say they have not been offered also don’t have 100 miles in.

You need AP3 Conputer and should be fine. Mine will be installed on the 13th of this month on my 2018 MS I can’t wait.

Attachments

• 671E6C12-138C-4A28-B69E-46092F88A94D.png
    671E6C12-138C-4A28-B69E-46092F88A94D.png
    311.6 KB · Views: 217