Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all new built Plaids refreshed with the matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Difference is shown in the pics below. From what I've read and seen so far - the new matrix headlights are much better than the previous generation. Taillights just look more modern as the LED strip looks like a "continuous" LED.

Old headlights
old-model-s-headlights-1024x683.jpg

New headlights

model-s-headlights-1024x683.jpg

Old taillights
Tesla-Model_S-2013-1600-67.jpg

New taillights

new-model-s-taillights.jpeg

Upvote 0
FYI, I have a Plaid S on order and when the CSRs called me last week to finish my profile I asked them if they can guarantee that my Plaid will have the updated headlights/tailights/badging. They said no, they can't guarantee it right now. So I told them to delay my delivery.

Based on the news I've seen so far although all new LR orders will be updated... it sounds like they still have inventory of Plaid Ss that don't have the updates. Until I hear otherwise I'm going to keep delaying.

Upvote 0
FYI, I have a Plaid S on order and when the CSRs called me last week to finish my profile I asked them if they can guarantee that my Plaid will have the updated headlights/tailights/badging. They said no, they can't guarantee it right now. So I told them to delay my delivery.

Based on the news I've seen so far although all new LR orders will be updated... it sounds like they still have inventory of Plaid Ss that don't have the updates. Until I hear otherwise I'm going to keep delaying.
What was the vin number ?

Upvote 0
I bought a 2021 plaid back in September, which i then sold in December knowing a refresh to the refresh was coming.

I picked up my ‘22 plaid Feb refresh two weeks and will say it’s way better than the ‘21 was.
The new headlights are far better i think while i think the new charge port is a bit wonky.

All in all, I’m happy with my decision to get the ‘22 refresh.v2

Upvote 0
I bought a 2021 plaid back in September, which i then sold in December knowing a refresh to the refresh was coming.

I picked up my ‘22 plaid Feb refresh two weeks and will say it’s way better than the ‘21 was.
The new headlights are far better i think while i think the new charge port is a bit wonky.

All in all, I’m happy with my decision to get the ‘22 refresh.v2
How much did that upgrade cost you?

Upvote 0