Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all new California Supercharger locations at least 20 stalls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ken830

Model S 85, Model 3 Performance, Model X LongRange
Jun 19, 2012
San Carlos, CA
Couldn't find a better thread to talk about another general discussion topic: Is it me or does it seem like nearly all new (or expansion) Supercharger sites in California are all going to be sized at a minimum of 20 stalls?

Couldn't find a better thread to talk about another general discussion topic: Is it me or does it seem like nearly all new (or expansion) Supercharger sites in California are all going to be sized at a minimum of 20 stalls?

It's a mix. As a counter-example, if you look at recent NorCal openings, Fremont Hub and Fairfield are "only" 12, Sunnyvale and Cupertino are "only" 10. (Concord however has 19, and the expansions at Napa and Petaluma will put them pretty close to 20 I think.)

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
It's a mix. As a counter-example, if you look at recent NorCal openings, Fremont Hub and Fairfield are "only" 12, Sunnyvale and Cupertino are "only" 10. (Concord however has 19, and the expansions at Napa and Petaluma will put them pretty close to 20 I think.)

Bruce.

Yeah. I see. I guess in locations where they can't get the space, they'll take whatever they can get, but in locations that allow it, it seems Tesla now targets 20 stalls -- whereas before, they targeted 8- or 10-stall installations in wide-open parking lots.