Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all new Wall connectors on Tesla Site Gen 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just bought a model Y two days ago. I bought the Tesla wall charger online from the tesla site. The newest model is Gen 3, and from what I read online Gen 3 comes with a 18 foot cable and Gen 2 with 24'. However the one that is offered on the Tesla website is 24'. Did they eventually change the Gen 3 cable to 24' or did I end up getting a Gen 2 wall connector?

Also can I get comps anywhere for the charging speed for a Model Y AWD with a Nema 14-50 vs. Wall connectors

Thanks for the help!

Also can I get comps anywhere for the charging speed for a Model Y AWD with a Nema 14-50 vs. Wall connectors

Thanks for the help!
They will charge at exactly the same speed, up to the maximum the mobile connector will go which is 32amps.

Look at this chart on teslas website about wall connector charging speed. The speeds up to 32amp all apply to both the wall connector and the mobile connector:

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 12.43.20 PM.png

Said another way, the mobile connector on a 14-50 outlet on a model Y will be a 40 or 50 amp breaker, but will max out at 32amps for a 29 MPH charging speed.

On a wall connector, if the line was 40 amps it would be the same 32amps for 29MPH, but if it was a 50 amp breaker it would be 40 amps for a charging speed of 36MPH. The wall connector can also take a 60amp circuit for a 48amp charging speed, which is around 42MPH charging rate.

This is all on teslas site btw.

(link to mobile connector charging speed on teslas site)

(link to wall connector charging speed on teslas site)