Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Any Investors Going to TESLIVE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As stated in the title... are any investors going to this event in Northern Cali? It is a mere 12 days away and according to the event page

"Hear firsthand what Tesla Motors executives have to say about where Tesla Motors is going-the vision and strategy that will keep you and your organization on the leading edge."

If people are going should we create a (small) list of questions that should be asked?

As stated in the title... are any investors going to this event in Northern Cali? It is a mere 12 days away and according to the event page

If people are going should we create a (small) list of questions that should be asked?

I'd expect that quite a few attending TESLIVE are also investors. While I don't know that it's necessary to create a list of questions on TMC forum (generally if there is Q & A it is first on line and each person asks some question they personally want to hear some answer to).

I think there will be many opportunities to formally and informally provide feedback to Tesla employees during the event. You might get forum opinions about what are the most important points to try and make with the company.

I don't claim that a few of my points I'll list now are the most important, they are just some that I personally am eager to get across to anyone from Tesla who may be receptive.

1. How about TM throwing Roadster owners a bone and having a 70 amp charger for Roadsters at major Supercharger locations? Those chargers are only $1500/2000 each, so pretty trivial for them to hook one up at each SC location. Would allow us to make easier longer trips.

2. Create a handling performance option (Plus) for Standard MS that uses the 19 inch wheels. That would firm up standard handling without all the costs and problems which attend 21 ' wheels.

3. Upgrade at least the driver's seat to true luxury sedan level.

4. Push back on the latest round of price hikes. Tesla was supposed to be service and customer focused. Price gouging when your prices are already high (though justified due to high value) is not compatible with the stated vision.

im hoping we can get some insider news about q2 earnings.

While attendees of TESLIVE will learn many things of interest, "insider news" about Q2 earnings isn't likely to be among them!

The laws that prohibit insiders from trading to take advantage of non public information also prohibit them from sharing that info with family, friends and anyone else. All major publicly traded companies take pains to educate their employees about these laws and regulations and monitor their trading activity looking for suspicious buys and sells during the period before quarterly sales/profits are disclosed to public.

"Hear firsthand what Tesla Motors executives have to say about where Tesla Motors is going-the vision and strategy that will keep you and your organization on the leading edge."

Did anyone invite John Petersen? :wink:

Although I am not an expert investor, I have done VERY well with my Tesla stock. I would love to take part in a round table investor discussion with interested Teslive participants. We can work up our own "Insider news".

I worked with the TESLIVE staff earlier to see if we could put together an investment session. The idea was to get an analyst to moderate a panel consisting of some of the top brains from the TMC investment discussion threads.

However, that idea didn't go far because while most of the individuals are very willing to offer their insight and opinion on the forum, giving investment advice live on a stage is a totally different thing and those people were reluctant to sign up for that.

So I believe, instead there will be an investment table at the reception or some sort of an informal get together (birds of a feather type thing). Check with the organization on the latest on that because unfortunately, I had to cancel my own TESLIVE participation due to a conflict with our summer vacation plans.

I worked with the TESLIVE staff earlier to see if we could put together an investment session. The idea was to get an analyst to moderate a panel consisting of some of the top brains from the TMC investment discussion threads.

However, that idea didn't go far because while most of the individuals are very willing to offer their insight and opinion on the forum, giving investment advice live on a stage is a totally different thing and those people were reluctant to sign up for that.

So I believe, instead there will be an investment table at the reception or some sort of an informal get together (birds of a feather type thing). Check with the organization on the latest on that because unfortunately, I had to cancel my own TESLIVE participation due to a conflict with our summer vacation plans.
I'd like to participate in said informal gathering if there's room. As a listener.

Just curious, when would y'all like to get together at TESLIVE?

1. Saturday lunch (agenda says 12:30pm to 2pm is lunch time)
2. Saturday after conference (agenda says 5:00-5:30pm is break before heading to factory party)
3. Sunday breakfast (agenda says optional, from 9am-11am)
4. Other?

ps., here's the link to the conference schedule, TESLIVE 2013 - Agenda

I would rather be lucky than good, which pretty much sums up my investing experience. That said, I would love to meet up with other investors and listen to your insights. I am 57 years old, and six feet six inches tall. It should be easy to pick me out of the crowd, see you at Teslive.