TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Are Any Investors Going to TESLIVE?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by sahanim, Jul 1, 2013.

1. sahanim

sahanim Member

As stated in the title... are any investors going to this event in Northern Cali? It is a mere 12 days away and according to the event page

"Hear firsthand what Tesla Motors executives have to say about where Tesla Motors is going-the vision and strategy that will keep you and your organization on the leading edge."

If people are going should we create a (small) list of questions that should be asked?

2. Bobfitz1

Bobfitz1 Member

I'd expect that quite a few attending TESLIVE are also investors. While I don't know that it's necessary to create a list of questions on TMC forum (generally if there is Q & A it is first on line and each person asks some question they personally want to hear some answer to).

I think there will be many opportunities to formally and informally provide feedback to Tesla employees during the event. You might get forum opinions about what are the most important points to try and make with the company.

I don't claim that a few of my points I'll list now are the most important, they are just some that I personally am eager to get across to anyone from Tesla who may be receptive.

1. How about TM throwing Roadster owners a bone and having a 70 amp charger for Roadsters at major Supercharger locations? Those chargers are only $1500/2000 each, so pretty trivial for them to hook one up at each SC location. Would allow us to make easier longer trips.

2. Create a handling performance option (Plus) for Standard MS that uses the 19 inch wheels. That would firm up standard handling without all the costs and problems which attend 21 ' wheels.

3. Upgrade at least the driver's seat to true luxury sedan level.

4. Push back on the latest round of price hikes. Tesla was supposed to be service and customer focused. Price gouging when your prices are already high (though justified due to high value) is not compatible with the stated vision.

3. Majerus

Majerus Member

I am by no means a huge investor, however I am attending the event. There already is a similar post in the teslive subforum regarding questions that should be asked.

Asking Elon Questions

4. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

+1 Woof! This doggie wants a bone!

5. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

I had hoped to go but it sold out too fast :)

Now I am hoping it will be webcast. (Will it?)

6. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

I'll be attending TESLIVE. Would love to meet up with any frequenters of the Investor Discussions group.

7. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I'm going and hoping to post here and elsewhere about what we learn and see.

8. sahanim

sahanim Member

im hoping we can get some insider news about q2 earnings.

9. Bobfitz1

Bobfitz1 Member

While attendees of TESLIVE will learn many things of interest, "insider news" about Q2 earnings isn't likely to be among them!

The laws that prohibit insiders from trading to take advantage of non public information also prohibit them from sharing that info with family, friends and anyone else. All major publicly traded companies take pains to educate their employees about these laws and regulations and monitor their trading activity looking for suspicious buys and sells during the period before quarterly sales/profits are disclosed to public.

10. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Did anyone invite John Petersen? :wink:

11. blakegallagher

sadly I missed out on it ... I was on the fence about going and just as I decided to go It was sold out :) .... Hope to make it next year .... hopefully I can make it to a factory tour before that but we will have to see.

12. BriansTesla

BriansTesla Old school meets new tech

Although I am not an expert investor, I have done VERY well with my Tesla stock. I would love to take part in a round table investor discussion with interested Teslive participants. We can work up our own "Insider news".

13. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

I worked with the TESLIVE staff earlier to see if we could put together an investment session. The idea was to get an analyst to moderate a panel consisting of some of the top brains from the TMC investment discussion threads.

However, that idea didn't go far because while most of the individuals are very willing to offer their insight and opinion on the forum, giving investment advice live on a stage is a totally different thing and those people were reluctant to sign up for that.

So I believe, instead there will be an investment table at the reception or some sort of an informal get together (birds of a feather type thing). Check with the organization on the latest on that because unfortunately, I had to cancel my own TESLIVE participation due to a conflict with our summer vacation plans.

14. ibcs

ibcs Member

I will be attending and would love to meet up with fellow investors. Tesla has been a great ride as a investment and of course the car. Post any times and details as they work out.

15. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I'll be there.

16. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Me too

17. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'd like to participate in said informal gathering if there's room. As a listener.

18. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Just curious, when would y'all like to get together at TESLIVE?

1. Saturday lunch (agenda says 12:30pm to 2pm is lunch time)
    2. Saturday after conference (agenda says 5:00-5:30pm is break before heading to factory party)
    3. Sunday breakfast (agenda says optional, from 9am-11am)
    4. Other?

ps., here's the link to the conference schedule, TESLIVE 2013 - Agenda

19. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I would rather be lucky than good, which pretty much sums up my investing experience. That said, I would love to meet up with other investors and listen to your insights. I am 57 years old, and six feet six inches tall. It should be easy to pick me out of the crowd, see you at Teslive.

20. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I'm attending TESLIVE and moderating a panel on Power and Charging. My suggestion for a gathering time is over drinks on Friday evening.