Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really frustrating. if I would have taken delivery today as originally planned I might have got a 1700$ discount (1000$ AP + 700$ Red color).

Taking delivery 36 hours earlier just cost me 1700$, very disappointed.
You can return the car within 7 days. Threaten them with a return, your totally within your rights to do so since you picked up 48 hours ago.

Just return it. And order in front of them in the store and wait for them to call you to sell you the same car back lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Fosomo
Ordered LR RWD MSM/Black, Aero, AP on April 10. Had a VIN in my account April 11, and delivery is scheduled for April 20!

I'm waiting to hear if they will be adjusting the price since it was changed 24hrs after I placed the order, but I have to say - I had no idea things would move this fast! I was expecting to wait 4+ weeks based on others experience on here.

Kind of on topic to this thread:

Do people still get the mini model 3 with purchase of their car now? They were delivered to line waiters and early order people (I got one in Sept/18, and its in my office at work beside the die cast model of the gen 2 Volt I got from the Detroit Auto Show wen the Gen 2 was launched). I figure by now they wouldn't be handing out the 'bonus' anymore?

Do people still get the mini model 3 with purchase of their car now? They were delivered to line waiters and early order people (I got one in Sept/18, and its in my office at work beside the die cast model of the gen 2 Volt I got from the Detroit Auto Show wen the Gen 2 was launched). I figure by now they wouldn't be handing out the 'bonus' anymore?

I put my reservation in over three years ago, but only finally pulled the trigger last month. Took delivery three days ago. No mention of any mini model 3.

I put my reservation in over three years ago, but only finally pulled the trigger last month. Took delivery three days ago. No mention of any mini model 3.
Maybe because you delayed until now I'm guessing. For those that got it, it was in the centre console under the armrest cubby hole. It makes sense that they would have only produced 100,000 or so of these. They've delivered well over that in NA I believe by now. You could try calling tesla and asking about it.

I was under the impression that reservation holders for the first round were supposed to get it. But it could also gave been a while supplies last thing as well....

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Maybe because you delayed until now I'm guessing. For those that got it, it was in the centre console under the armrest cubby hole. It makes sense that they would have only produced 100,000 or so of these. They've delivered well over that in NA I believe by now. You could try calling tesla and asking about it.

I was under the impression that reservation holders for the first round were supposed to get it. But it could also gave been a while supplies last thing as well....

I got mine last week while taking delivery of my Model 3.

I found the die cast model Model 3 in my center console when I took delivery March 29, 2019. Wasn't really expecting it because I thought it was for first day reservation holders. I placed my reservation just a day or so before the official unveiling, but that was quite a while after they started taking reservations. I didn't save it though, I immediately took it out of the display case and gave it to my 4 year old son (he turned 5 today.)

I think it helped him get over the fact that his mom's 12 year old Audi A4 was being replaced. Leading up to getting the Tesla he'd always say he didn't want the Tesla and we should keep the Audi. Arguments were "Where are you going to charge it? There's gas stations everywhere but no chargers" and "It's too fast" (because I shocked him with the acceleration of the performance version on the test drive.) I tired to reassure him I'd charge at home every night, and that the one I was getting wasn't as fast.

Since then he's had a blast showing all his friends the car (the real one, not the Model) and he loves the fact that he can open and close the doors himself. I also pointed out the the glass roof early on so that's another feature he likes: "Look dad, that construction crane is so tall." In fact, after about a week of ownership, he asked if we could keep the Tesla "forever".

I found the die cast model Model 3 in my center console when I took delivery March 29, 2019. Wasn't really expecting it because I thought it was for first day reservation holders. I placed my reservation just a day or so before the official unveiling, but that was quite a while after they started taking reservations. I didn't save it though, I immediately took it out of the display case and gave it to my 4 year old son (he turned 5 today.)

I think it helped him get over the fact that his mom's 12 year old Audi A4 was being replaced. Leading up to getting the Tesla he'd always say he didn't want the Tesla and we should keep the Audi. Arguments were "Where are you going to charge it? There's gas stations everywhere but no chargers" and "It's too fast" (because I shocked him with the acceleration of the performance version on the test drive.) I tired to reassure him I'd charge at home every night, and that the one I was getting wasn't as fast.

Since then he's had a blast showing all his friends the car (the real one, not the Model) and he loves the fact that he can open and close the doors himself. I also pointed out the the glass roof early on so that's another feature he likes: "Look dad, that construction crane is so tall." In fact, after about a week of ownership, he asked if we could keep the Tesla "forever".
Damn....those are some advanced questions for a 4 year old about charging....really shows how far the reach of the oil industry has gone in indoctrinating the youth against EVs. Nice job teaching him the light side of the force :cool:

Ordered LR RWD MSM/Black, Aero, AP on April 10. Had a VIN in my account April 11, and delivery is scheduled for April 20!

I'm waiting to hear if they will be adjusting the price since it was changed 24hrs after I placed the order, but I have to say - I had no idea things would move this fast! I was expecting to wait 4+ weeks based on others experience on here.
Just an update for anyone waiting for the LR RWD, I confirmed with my delivery advisor today that they will not be adjusting pricing on these cars, as it was not updated with the rest of the lineup. It also does not have AP bundled in the price like the rest of the 3 lineup, it is considered a separate option. Because of this, the most they were willing to adjust my price was $700 to account for the new paint prices.

I felt for this price it was worth the extra $2k to upgrade to LR AWD. They were able to find one in my exact config in Calgary, and should have it at Lawrence early next week. So to update my timeline: Ordered April 10, order revised to LR AWD April 15, delivery scheduled April 26th!

• Informative
Reactions: Gabbleratchet7