Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Victoria. Picked up my M3 SR+ in Vancouver last Friday. No luck trying to communicate with new service center in Vancouver but agent in Las Vegas very helpful. Pick up day was great and seeing they are delivering 100 cars a day am willing to cut some slack with communications

I was supposed to take delivery of my M3 tomorrow, but received a call today saying that it will have to wait at least a week because of “paint defects” that they discovered during inspection. Is this common? Anything to be concerned about or inquire about?

I was supposed to take delivery of my M3 tomorrow, but received a call today saying that it will have to wait at least a week because of “paint defects” that they discovered during inspection. Is this common? Anything to be concerned about or inquire about?

I'm reading other owners have been rejecting their cars because of panel gap issues and paint defects. Perhaps they know quite certain you will not accept the car in such a state so they plan to address it first.

Getting a call from DA today, confirmed date and time. I asked her how about issues found after signing the papers, she basically saying Tesla will fix it anyway, just matter of when. They have more than 100 to delivery per day, so expect some delay on fixing issues.

Sounds like they are sending it off to a body shop. I'd want to know a bit more about the "paint defects" at that point. They repainted my fender after I pointed out a small rock chip. Not sure how bad it would need to be to prompt them to repaint before even showing you the car.

oh, she also said to avoid looking on the forums because only the complains surfaced here. ;) happy customers just move on.

lol, tell that DA to shove it and do her job better and there would be no one complaining.

I generally agree with the DA. People who are unhappy tend to describe the experiences to strangers.

People who are happy are out enjoying their experiences and telling their friends about their good experiences.

I had to call them yesterday and good thing I did. Apparently the car is still in Chicago and we have to move the appointment for next week (06/26). I am still hoping that I would be able to pick it up this week as I took time off for this week for this delivery.

Picked up my inventory LR Rwd yesterday. Car arrived dirty and the EI ght side of the car has 5 stone chips to the metal and a scrape on the read quarter panel

Waiting on Tesla for a solution...but I’m not willing to have paint work done on a brand new car unnecessarily. Waiting to hear back but will likely return the car

Picked up my inventory LR Rwd yesterday. Car arrived dirty and the EI ght side of the car has 5 stone chips to the metal and a scrape on the read quarter panel

Waiting on Tesla for a solution...but I’m not willing to have paint work done on a brand new car unnecessarily. Waiting to hear back but will likely return the car

that sucks, i hope it gets resolved for you

Taken one block south from Ontario St and SE Marine Dr.
Cheap Model 3 doesn't have the same protection as with the Model X before delivery.

IMG_6064.JPG
IMG_6061.JPG
IMG_6060.JPG
IMG_6059.JPG
IMG_6058.JPG
IMG_6057.JPG
IMG_6056.JPG
IMG_6063.JPG

They drive them off the lot one by one.

Taken one block south from Ontario St and SE Marine Dr.
Cheap Model 3 doesn't have the same protection as with the Model X before delivery.

View attachment 420719 View attachment 420720 View attachment 420722 View attachment 420723 View attachment 420724 View attachment 420726 View attachment 420727 View attachment 420739
They drive them off the lot one by one.
The amount of dirt and rocks makes me cringe. I feel bad for my model 3. Being left out without protection.