Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking from experience, have patience. It will all be worth it in the end and you won't remember all these delays (easy for me to say now...buy I do ever checking 5x a day to see if my vin or delivery date was posted last summer!).

Haha yes this is definitely my case. Truth to be told im a bit nervous because I made plans and need to return my current car by mid-late April.

I just called to see if I can get an update and she told me a lot of people are waiting on the white interior and they have not made/received any 2019 white interior yet.
I asked if I changed the configuration or ordered a black one would it be any faster and she did not sound convincing with an umm maybe.

I just called to see if I can get an update and she told me a lot of people are waiting on the white interior and they have not made/received any 2019 white interior yet.
I asked if I changed the configuration or ordered a black one would it be any faster and she did not sound convincing with an umm maybe.

Just wait, Federal EV rebate is coming :). Get the car you want!

3 years of waiting and finally I'm super thrilled to say I took delivery of my blue model 3 SR+ on Monday 3/18!! i ordered on 2/28 and i was a first day reservation holder. Exciting times! I have to admit the delivery process was too quick though. The guy pressured me to sign the papers, he quickly showed me how to use the frunk, screen, charging, and off he goes showing me the way out, all in 30-40 mins.

The car is pristine on the outside, but it's only when i got home that I noticed a paint scratch on the side when i open the driver's door and it's just next to the seat where there are stickers for tire pressure and vin. Just annoying they delivered a car with paint scratch so be extra vigilent to inspect the car during delivery! Did anyone have a similar paint scratch experience and receive a complimentary touch up?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 55
  • photoscratch.jpg
    photoscratch.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 45
Budget excludes 3SR in it's current unlawful incarnation. Unless the CAD goes up to 0.80USD or Tesla drops the SR to 44999 CAD, the Federal EV rebate does not apply.
I know that the rebate will not apply to my situation. I was waiting until the Federal Budget day to order just in case it was a good rebate and if there had been date restrictions (e.g., rebate only on cars from Budget day onwards). It was a calculated bet because Budget day was a day later than the previously announced date by Tesla for their price increase. Thankfully the Tesla price increase has been delayed to midnight today.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Just got a call from tesla in toronto telling me my MR I ordered in Jan will not go in production. I need to upgrade to LR or SR+.
I had EAP which they don't offer I will not be getting upgrade to FSD what they are offering is a free color upgrade or 19" wheels but if I want to get a LR with my config I'm paying over 4000$ more.

$4000 CAD for LR? How much more range is it compared to the MR?

Just got a call from tesla in toronto telling me my MR I ordered in Jan will not go in production. I need to upgrade to LR or SR+.
I had EAP which they don't offer I will not be getting upgrade to FSD what they are offering is a free color upgrade or 19" wheels but if I want to get a LR with my config I'm paying over 4000$ more.

Wow, I wish I had ordered a MR as I'm getting the red multi-coat. Would have been great to have that for free.

$70k all in with FSD and Free paint isn't terrible (is this counting the 8K QC rebate?).

Extra range is always good especially for winter months.

Personally, my car totals 74K for your config (before taxes) and I have it for 9 months (3 quarters) more at 20,000kms driven. You pay to have the car first. Prices will likely drop again in Q3 - if you can hold off three months and see if you get a better deal - that's an option too.

Of course, I had a 14k rebate which makes my car 60K + 9K taxes + 8K loan = 75K total.

At the end of the day, it's your money :), do as you will! LR/MR/SR, the 0.5 seconds won't matter unless you go with AWD performance.

3 years of waiting and finally I'm super thrilled to say I took delivery of my blue model 3 SR+ on Monday 3/18!! i ordered on 2/28 and i was a first day reservation holder. Exciting times! I have to admit the delivery process was too quick though. The guy pressured me to sign the papers, he quickly showed me how to use the frunk, screen, charging, and off he goes showing me the way out, all in 30-40 mins.

The car is pristine on the outside, but it's only when i got home that I noticed a paint scratch on the side when i open the driver's door and it's just next to the seat where there are stickers for tire pressure and vin. Just annoying they delivered a car with paint scratch so be extra vigilent to inspect the car during delivery! Did anyone have a similar paint scratch experience and receive a complimentary touch up?
Email your photos to tesla. They should touch it up for free. I had something like 24 hours (maybe 36) to find any issues and report them. I actually did find one after that, which they also corrected because the issue was under the clear coat so obviously not damage post delivery.