Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Careful what you wish for :) I'm beginning to wish I didn't have a delivery date. It seems to mean you're getting a 2018 car. I've been on the hold with Tesla for 5 hours now trying to discuss this. I had heard stories about their customer service being bad, but this is something else.

Careful what you wish for :) I'm beginning to wish I didn't have a delivery date. It seems to mean you're getting a 2018 car. I've been on the hold with Tesla for 5 hours now trying to discuss this. I had heard stories about their customer service being bad, but this is something else.

Honestly what is the problem with a 2018? I see a lot of people complaining about that but I don't see a reason why. Ok I agree if the car was a demo model. But if its new who cares? The car might even have been built in december 2018, thats almost 2019.

If it meant new hardware I would agree, but nothing changed since, no HW3 or anything else? The day they say HW3 in included in new builds I'll change my mind but that could still be a while.

Honestly what is the problem with a 2018? I see a lot of people complaining about that but I don't see a reason why. Ok I agree if the car was a demo model. But if its new who cares? The car might even have been built in december 2018, thats almost 2019.

I'm still waiting for a VIN (ordered 03/03) but if they offer me a 2018, I'll ask for a pretty good discount to accept it. 2018 vs a 2019 model there's decrease in resale value so I wouldn't accept without some good discount.

If it meant new hardware I would agree, but nothing changed since, no HW3 or anything else? The day they say HW3 in included in new builds I'll change my mind but that could still be a while.

Yeah I'm not understanding this whole 2018-2019 trend. Moreover that people want big discounts for a 2018. If they did a refresh that's one thing.

I wish tesla was a private company, makes no sense why they do these big end of quarter pushes instead of constant stream of good service and delivers.

Reactions: akidesir
Well, if at least I had any idea of a delivery date... My account still says "within 2 weeks of order" which is passed.

I ordered LR AWD with Midnight Silver metalic, sport wheels and FSD, I thought they would prioritise high margin cars. Hopefully I get some news soon.
When did you order? It took just over 3 weeks before I saw any change in my account and delivery is scheduled to happen exactly 4 weeks after ordering. I think LR AWD cars may be in short supply.

One thing that's odd is my VIN is a 2019 build but the serial number is relatively low compared to current numbers. I.e. Mine is 5YJ3E1EB0KF1971xx while the highest VIN registered currently is 329895.

Often insurance plans (at least in BC) offer a "New Car Replacement Policy" that is optional and can only be purchased for the first X years (I can't recall what X is). But I'm fairly certain that X would be 2018 for the 2018 cars. So it means you get 1 less year of optional replacement coverage.

I agree with others that have posted. If I am paying the full price - i'd like a car built fresh from the factory. If I am taking a car that was built 5 months ago and has just been sitting and is "last years model" as far as resale, and hasn't gotten any of the changes that Tesla has made to their assembly lines (no matter how small) - I'd want a discount. Not sure I'd expect something as large as $7k though unless there were visible differences.

Reactions: ricohman
Delivery date just popped up on my account, March 29. No VIN tho.

AWD
MSM
White
Aero

Vancouver, BC.

Follow up to this...

Had no vin or delivery date was just something computer generated.

Called Vancouver Tesla (one on 4th). They had the same build as mine except with 19” wheels but a December 2018 build and $7100 discount.

I accepted it for now. Pickup will be in 2-3 days. Told it was not a demo and it was “brand new”. Will see how this goes.

Anybody know if you can haggle with the adjustment price? It seems arbitrary on the 2018 vehicles. Wonder if I can get them to reduce it more.. my December 2018 vehicle is not 7k adjustment like the rest in this thread for their 2018 vehicles.

When did you order? It took just over 3 weeks before I saw any change in my account and delivery is scheduled to happen exactly 4 weeks after ordering. I think LR AWD cars may be in short supply.

One thing that's odd is my VIN is a 2019 build but the serial number is relatively low compared to current numbers. I.e. Mine is 5YJ3E1EB0KF1971xx while the highest VIN registered currently is 329895.

Placed my order march 8th. All financing is all done with Tesla. But have got no info at all from them. I'd be ok if it took 4 weeks. I tried to be a bit conservative on my planning. Going on vacation April 12th, so I thought I'd be good with the "2 weeks from order ETA".

Finally got a hold of Tesla by calling the Toronto location directly instead of the 1-888 number. Confirmed my vehicle is an Inventory car with an Oct 2018 build date. Waiting to hear back on a discount...but given the silent improvements that Tesla makes to the quality of the car over time, I'm hesitant to accept a 6 month old vehicle for the same price as a current one.

Finally got a hold of Tesla by calling the Toronto location directly instead of the 1-888 number. Confirmed my vehicle is an Inventory car with an Oct 2018 build date. Waiting to hear back on a discount...but given the silent improvements that Tesla makes to the quality of the car over time, I'm hesitant to accept a 6 month old vehicle for the same price as a current one.

I feel like you'll get an adjustment. All of us who have been offered a 2018 build has seen an adjustment.

Placed my order march 8th. All financing is all done with Tesla. But have got no info at all from them. I'd be ok if it took 4 weeks. I tried to be a bit conservative on my planning. Going on vacation April 12th, so I thought I'd be good with the "2 weeks from order ETA".
I was in a similar situation, but rather than going on vacation, I ended up selling my current car (for 3x what Tesla offered on trade) and agreeing on a conservative date to transfer. Turns out my conservative date is the same day I'm scheduled to take delivery of my Model 3. I was sweating there for a while, and I'm still crossing my fingers that they don't slip my delivery date.

I've been lurking for a while now but haven't seen much talk about the LR RWD. Has anyone received any delivery dates yet?
The States has just started receiving them on their end, so I'm hoping there will be delivery for us soon.

I've been lurking for a while now but haven't seen much talk about the LR RWD. Has anyone received any delivery dates yet?
The States has just started receiving them on their end, so I'm hoping there will be delivery for us soon.
Today is exactly two weeks since my LR RWD white aero order. No updates to date. Account still says expected delivery is two weeks from order date.

Also from Montreal, ordered on March 1st my AWD (blue/black/aero/fsd) and still waiting.

Just got an email from Tesla Montreal 10 days after order saying that delivery team will contact me soon but no news at this time from them.

Hope to get delivery before April 20th since I’ll travel one month.